thirty seven

.

A/N:

.

LISTEN TO NEVER BE ALONE BY SHAWN MENDES IF YOU WANNA CRY

SURPRISE, SURPRISE HERE'S AN UPDATE

- Mia

.

.

_________________________________

-

* THREE WEEKS LATER *

-

-

- Natalie -

-

I sat in the hospital waiting room, tapping my foot as I glanced at the clock.

Visiting hours weren't until 9AM, but I couldn't really wait any longer.

I had to see him. I had to talk to him.

Sighing, I frowned when I looked at the clock again, only to realize it's been a minute.

It felt longer, just way longer.

For the past three weeks, I have been visiting Harry at the hospital.

I've also been in London the past three weeks as well, Louis kindly letting me stay a few nights at his apartment.

I spent days and nights in Harry's room, just going on and on about my day, or about college.

I took a temporary break from school, knowing I couldn't go a second being away from Harry knowing he wasn't.. Awake.

I constantly kept in touch with Alex and Niall though, reassuring them that Harry was going to be alright, and so was I. And especially my mom. She was genuinely worried about how I was.

But the longer the days went by, the more I fed into my fears that I would have to wait for him to wake up forever, and so did his family, Louis, Niall.. Just everyone.

Everyone missed Harry, but I was the one who felt as if my world was slowly shattering.

Because I was the last person he ever spoke to before the accident. Well.. Through text.

As soon as the nurse had left her desk to probably get something, I quickly got to my feet and rushed down the hall to Harry's room.

Turning the door handle, I quietly slip in, closing the door behind me.

Harry lied there, soundly asleep, his breathing slow and deep as his chest rose and fell.

My heart warmed in relief just at the sound of him breathing as I smiled weakly.

Sitting down in a chair, I scooted closer to the edge of the bed, slowly setting my hand on his.

"Hey, Harry.'' I murmured.

Silently, I stared at him, just pursing my lips.

"It's been three weeks, I think b-but I'm still waiting on it. You'll wake up, and I'll tell you how much I missed you, and how much I regret leaving you the way I did. I'm so sorry." I muttered, closing my eyes.

"I know the last thing you ever told me was that you loved me, but why didn't you fight for it?" I shakily said, my lips trembling. "You could've fought for it, and I would have known how much you still wanted me. We would still be together, and I wouldn't have to worry about you crashing.. Maybe this could have been different.'' I broke down.