Healing

Doc and Fatima finished everything two hours later!
They had prepared a seafood boil! Fried Catfish Filet, grits, gumbo and rice, and Macaroni and cheese! Dani woke up from the aroma of food and walked into the kitchen with Sabrina in tow!

Dani looked and Fatima, "Fatima can you invite over your cousin Madam and the guys from the club and Zac, Preston, Lori, Angela, and their men! I want to say thanks!"!

Fatima, "Of course pulling her phone"!

Dani, "Dr. Walton, can you invite your husband over?"

Gretchen, "Of course!"

Dani, "Sabrina, can you invite Amp?"

Sabrina, "Of course *picking up her phone*"!

Doc, "Dani are you okay?"

Dani, "Yes I want to heal! Everyone I'm inviting is a part of the family I created not the one I have! They all have done amazing things for me and I need to say thanks plus there's enough food here! Let's call it a house warming"!

Doc *walked over to Dani and Kissed her forehead*, "Phenomenal Woman! let's go sit"!

Doc help Dani sit down and 45 minutes later everyone had  arrived and they all brought presents for Dani! It was time to eat and every one surround the table!! Fatima and Zac blessed the food and everyone ate and had small talk except Dani! When they were done eating everyone helped clean up and returned back to the table to where Dani was! Doc stood behind her and Fatima and Gretchen sat beside her!

Gretchen, "Dani baby we are ready when you are!"

Fatima, "Take your time!"

Sabrina, "If you feel like you need to stop at any moment you can"!

Dani took a deep breath and started crying! Sabrina got up and sat on the floor in front of her and said a small prayer for her and she noticed Dani calming down while Doc rubbed her shoulders and Gretchen and Fatima held her hands!

Dani, "I invited everyone here because I consider each of you Family in some way shape or form! I've never really had a family! If I'm being honest my whole life was full of trauma! Madam I want to thank you! I know exactly what you did for me and I appreciate it! Madam nodded! Baby Face and Midnight I want to thank you for getting my car here and what you did when we went out to brunch a couple days ago! Zac I want to thank you for selling me this beautiful house! Lori and Angela, I want to thank you for decorating this beautiful house! Mr. Wilson, I want to thank you for selling me my car! Amp, I want to thank you for everything you've done for me and for loving my friend! Sabrina, I want to thank you for holding me while I cried myself to sleep and being someone I can always count on! Preston, I want to thank you for believing in me to help you run our company! Everyone was confused but they continued to listen!

Gretchen, "Are you ready baby? *looking at Dani*

Dani, "Yes!"

She leaned her head back on Doc and he kissed her forehead! *Most was confused but they just watched*

Dani, "Doc and I were expecting a baby! *Tears falling*

Everyone,"Were?"

Dani, "Two nights ago I was assaulted!"

Gasps filled the room and Zac, Amp, Midnight, and Baby Face were boiling over with anger but they didn't say anything!

Dani, "He degraded me, assaulted me and spit on me" *crying* "I've never felt so low in my life and I know what being down and out feels like! *Doc squeezed her shoulders* "After he finished he told me he would be returning but I couldn't allow that to happen so I ran to my kitchen and got a knife stabbing him in the shoulder! He turned around and fired his gun at me *Everyone gasped* but he missed! I couldn't let him leave so I ran my car into his! This man rubbing Doc's hand consoled me in a way I didn't know existed! He never left my side! Dr. Wilson was my doctor and she's still taking care of me! Fatima became my lawyer she represented me in the settlement I won to get my house, car, and company! Long story short I lost our baby! *breaking down*

Doc picked her up and placed her on his lap sitting in her chair! Sabrina stood up behind them! He rocked her allowing her to continue breaking down until she was ready to talk! She looked up and continued!

Dani, "The more I sit around and think! The more I realize I wanted our baby! I failed my child because I ignored all the signs! This man had been following me for months! I allowed him to enter into my home! *screaming*"

No one has ever seen Dani this upset and let's just say there wasn't a Dry eye in the room!  Everyone surrounded Dani while Zac and Fatima prayed over her!

Dani, "I know that each one of you will help me heal in different ways so I just wanted to say thank you"!

Everyone replied "You're welcome"!

Dani ended up going to sleep in Doc's Arms and he carried her to bed! Tucking her in!