Chapter 23: Packing up

Kayleigh woke the next morning nursing a hangover. Luckily for her, she just needs to shift to get over it.

Once Kayleigh shifts back to human form, she heads to the bathroom and has a quick shower before going downstairs.

"Good morning, dear." Kandence says smiling up at her daughter while she prepares breakfast.

"Mmm, morning mom. " Kayleigh watches her mom plate some bacon, eggs, and pancakes. The Omega mouth waters just looking at the food.

"Eat up, we got a busy day today." Kandence says, placing the plate of food in from of the Omega.

_________________________________

Kayleigh spent the morning packing up her belongings, ready for the move to university.

As Kayleigh packs some photographs, she pauses to look at them. There's a framed photo of her with Jessica, Lilly, and Justin when they were eight.

Another photo of the group at the fairground when they were thirteen. Kayleigh smiles as she places the frames gently in a box labelled photographs.

The next photo she picks up is of her, Jessica and Lilly laying on the grasss. The photo was taken by somebody looking down at them.

Then there was a photo of just her and Lilly and one of just her and Jessica. Smiling down at the photos, she places them into the box.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much." Kayleigh says to herself.

After a few hours of going down memory lane while packing up her room, Kayleigh finally finishes.

The Omega sits on her bed, looking around at her now bare bedroom. She can't help but feel a little sad.