Chapter 6 Kayleigh POV

(2 years prior/ picking up from ch.4 with Kayleigh and Lilly)
.
.

TRIGGER WARNING-SEXUAL ABUSE AT THE END.

.

.

7th July Wednesday-Pack meeting

"Do I have to go..?" I whine to my mother.

Kandence stopped chopping vegetables and looked at her pouting daughter. "Yes silly its about all those who have just turned of age. That includes you." My mother resumes chopping the vegetables as my father walks in.

"Mmm, something smells good." Ian says as he walks over to my mother stealing a chopped carrot.

My mother swats his hand away as he was about to steal another. "Stop stealing the carrots they are for dinner."

I watch my parents interaction and smile to myself. They been together 20 years and are still inlove like they were all them years ago.

My dad turns to me giving me a shit eating grin after my mum pushes him away from the vegetables. I just laugh at the pair.

"Ian, tell your daughter that she has to go to the pack meeting tonight." My mother gives me a stern look.

"Dad, please tell mum that I don't want to go."

My father looks at me his brows scrunch up. "The meeting is about those coming of age the past three months. You know we hold ceremonies every three months for those who've turned 18."

I groan. "Its just going to be about the stupid theme, date and who can help. All of which I have no interest in."

"Kayleigh..." my father began, "everyone must go who's eighteen and older you know this. Now stop sulking about it."

______________

"Good evening" Alpha Alan began as the town hall starts filling up.

Alpha Alan looks around smiling as the last person takes their seat. "This won't take to much of your time I know how you young ones hate pack meetings." Alpha Alan chuckles.

"As you are aware its coming up to our three-monthly ceremony for those who have become of age and will be able to find their mate.

Becoming of age is a big deal and a lot can change especially if you are an Omega. When Omegas find their mate they will leave their current one and join their Mates pack.

Sitting in the last row with Jessica and Lilly either side of me we quietly discuss the possibility of us finding a mate outside of our pack.

"I'm scared that my mate won't be in our pack or town!" I whisper.

Alpha Alan clears his throat, Omegas anything you would like to share with the rest of us?"

We shake our heads. "Very well then please keep quiet I have a lot to discuss."

I tried to pay attention but I found my mind wondering off thinking about my future mate. I was broke out of my trance when I felt Jessica elbowing me. "Owe"

"Alpha asks all those newly of age to go stand at the front."

I groan as I get up and walk towards the front, Lilly following me. I get to the front and stand in line with the others. There's only six of us this time, but nevertheless the ceremony will still take place.

"Our newly of age Alphas, Betas and Omega's everyone. They will soon find their mates and the Omega's may one day leave us, but they will always be apart of our family.