Chapter 3: Karaoke Night

It has been a week since my eighteenth birthday and every night since Lilly and I been hooking up.

We both know how dangerous it was since we knew we could never be mates being both Omega's and all, but it was just some fun.

We plan on having a serious talk about our situation and set some ground rules so no one gets hurt. For now though, we are just living life to the fullest and having a good time in the process.

I pick up my phone to give Jessica a quick text.

Me: Karaoke tonight are you up for it?
Jess: idk...
Me: pleassssssse?
Jess: sry, busy tonight...
Me: doing what?
Jess: not going to karaoke lol
Me: dick...sooooo you wanna come with me pleassssse?
Jess: only if your are singing...
Me: deal, meet me at the Barge at 7pm :)
Jess: okay dokey

I give Lilly a quick text to invite her out as well.

I come down the stairs to the kitchen to make myself some lunch when my mother walks in with her cheerful smile on her face like always.

My mother is only thirty-six had having me at eighteen she always been drilling me since a kid about being smart, using protection if I were to ever have sex that it only takes that one time to get pregnant.

I mean, I get where she is coming from she doesn't want me to have to sacrifice my youth to look after a baby. "Hey darling." My mother says to me.

"Hi, mum." I say while making myself a ham sandwich. "You want anything to eat?" I ask looking up at my mother. She shakes her head no. "I've already ate. I been wanting to talk to you, but I'm not sure where to start."

I place the butter knife down after I cut my sandwich in half. "What's wrong? Are you and dad getting a divorce?" I ask with wide eyes. My mother reaches out to grab my hand. "Oh no honey nothing like that. It's nothing bad, I mean I just didn't know how to bring it up really.

Are you....are you a lesbian?" I look at my mother and burst out laughing. "Why do you ask that?"

Shifting from one foot to the other my mother grimace as she fiddles with her fingers. "You and Lilly aren't exactly quiet."

"Yeah, um sorry about that. Do I like girls? Yes, but I also like boys too. Is that okay?" I ask a little worried that my mother might be a closeted homophobe.

"Oh I don't care I was just wondering is all." My mother smiles at me. "Are you two dating?"

"Nah, just friends with benefits sort of deal." I answer in between chewing my sandwich. "Kayleigh, just be careful okay you are both unmated Omegas and I don't want you or Lilly getting hurt. "Thanks mum, but we're just having a bit of fun before I go off to University."

---------------------------------------------------------

Walking into the Barge the pack local pub, I spot my friends Jessica and Lilly waving at me like I couldn't smell them out.

I push past the crowded pub getting a couple grunts in the process. "Hey." I say smiling at my friends.

Lilly gives me a bright smile before pulling me into a quick hug. Jessica standing back watching with a big smirk on her face.

"What you guys drinking?" I ask over my shoulder. "Vodka and orange." The pair say giggling at being in sync. I roll my eyes before turning back to go to the bar.

"Hi can I get three vodka and orange please." I lean against the bar while I wait for my drinks grimacing as someone sings on karaoke murdering "I will always love you".

"Here you go, the bartender says putting the three drinks on the bar. "that be £9.20." I pull out my debit card and give the card machine a quick tap. "Thank you." I say as I carry the three drinks trying to not spill them as I walk through the crowd.

I find my friends sitting at a table by the pool tables laughing at the poor fucker still singing Whitney. "Here you go." I hand the Omega's their drinks as I sit down taking a gulp of my drink.

"Kayleigh you need to sing. I don't know if I can take anymore of these tone deaf twats singing anymore." Jessica says with a serious look on her face.

Lilly and I laugh. "I will later geesh I only just got here."
"You better you have such a beautiful voice." Jessica says.

The night was starting off on a good start apart from the horrible singers and eventually I got up on stage to sing before I got to drunk to sing one of my favourite songs, Shallow.

"Tell me something, girl

Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there something else you're searchin' for?

I sing into the mic gaining the attention of bystanders with my smooth voice.

Tell me something, boy
Aren't you tired trying to fill that void?
Or do you need more?
Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?

I'm fallingIn all the good times, I find myself longing for change
And in the bad times, I fear myself

I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground

Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now

My friends and other listening start cheering as I belt out the song. Jessica and Lilly pumping their fist into the air.
I continue to sing catching Lilly smiling at me. We stare deeply into each other while I sing.

In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow
In the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-llow

In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow
We're far from the shallow now
Oh, ha-ah-ah. Ah, ha-ah-ah, oh, ahHa-ah-ah-ah

I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground

Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now

The crowd is going wild by now and I am buzzing from it. I can't seem to keep my eyes off of Lilly though as I sing.

In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow

In the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-llow

In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow
We're far from the shallow now"

When the song finishes the crowd breaks out in a around of applause cheering and hollering.

I hand the mic to the guy running the karaoke. "Well, that was a lovely surprise wasn't it?" He says into the mic as I step away.

"That was hot." Lilly whispers before pulling me into a kiss.