𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔

summary: walker helps y/n through a panic attack
genre: fluff, a bit of angst if you overthink it
warnings: panic attack, crying, inability to breathe
if this makes you uncomfortable please don't read it!

- 💌 -

i slammed the door shut behind me as i leant against the bathroom door and then slid down it when i knew no one else was coming in. i took a few deep breaths to clear my head but it didn't work. i tried counting to ten. didn't work. i tried naming things i could see and hear and feel. didn't help at fucking all.

my heart was still racing and my breathing was still erratic. tears fell down my face and i let them, even though they blocked my vision as i stood up and made my way to the sink, grabbing onto the side and leaning against it as my breathing quickens.

suddenly, the door bursts open and i look through tear-stained eyes to see a blurry outline of walker make his way to me. he turns me towards him by my shoulders and locks the door as he pulls me closer to him.

i stand there in walker's arms, hyperventilating against his chest as tears and possibly (probably) a bit of drool mix on the fabric of his hoodie. he strokes my hair and tells me it's okay and that he's here for me.

he doesn't complain that his feet hurt when we've been standing for about five minutes in the exact same spot. he doesn't tell me to "just breathe". he doesn't bombard me with questions. he just stands there and he holds me and he comforts me through it, the whole time reminding me that he's right there.

the droning singing and thumping bass of the party still continued outside the door as i tried to catch my breath. walker sat us down on the bathroom floor and my short, sharp breaths calmed down finally.

the first thing walker asked me wasn't "are you okay?" like an idiot or "what happened?" like a shit-stirrer.

it was "do you need anything?"

i shook my head while my fingers knotted themselves together in a panic. he rubbed my back sweetly and wiped away my tears with the other hand. i couldn't look up at him just yet, so i focused on his hoodie and chuckled dryly at the massive wet patch i'd left on the material.

"don't worry about it," he consoled. "you can keep this one now." he made me laugh even though i felt like shit. he didn't make fun of me, he loves me for who i am.

is he an angel?

after a while of comforting silence he asked "do you want to talk about it?". he smiled when i nodded my head.

"it's just the party, it got too much and it was really loud and i couldn't think straight-"

"careful love you'll overwhelm yourself." walker held me close to him. i wrapped my arms and we stayed silent again for a while. "thank you for trusting me."

i laughed slightly and looked up at him. "i should be thanking you." but he only shook his head.

"i love you y/n."

"i love you walker."

...

"can i really keep that hoodie?"

- 💌 -

this is so late im so sorry it's not been a good week😝

"i wanna love you like all of the girls you loved before. but i love you more💗"
all of the girls you loved before - taytay