Chapter 13

"...Well, it all started when I was just 15. I lived together with my mother, father and my three sisters. We all had something in common, we all loved music...-"

"-Wait. So y'all loved music?-" Applejack interrupted.
"-Still do"
"Well...ya don't look like it."
"What do you mean?"
"Ya look...sad."
Octavia closed her eyes. "I-I played an instrument."
"Really? Wow! That's impressive. What do ya play?"
"I used to play the Cello. But not anymore."
Applejack gasped "Why?"
"I'll tell you in my story."
"Alright then! Please continue."

"So...where was I? Oh, right. Well yes, we all loved music. We all played different instruments. My mother played the Flute, my father played the double bass, my oldest sister, Melody, the Violin, Harmony , my other sister, the
Fiddle and last but not least, my youngest sister, Hayley, she sang. And I, as you already know, play the Cello.
And one day I played my Cello again but I felt watched... so I stood up and walked over to my window. I looked to my left and to my right. Nobody in sight. I closed my window and just ignored the feeling.
But the feeling was always there! Always! I couldn't stand it anymore and shouted: "Who's there?!" Nobody answered. But suddenly I heard a voice: " H-hey! What's up? He he..." It was a girl with blue hair and sunglasses. "What are you doing in my backyard?"
"I-I...well...I heard an instrument! And well....it sounded so nice! So I followed the music and it brought me here."
"You can't just go to some strangers home! That is insane!"
"B-but your instrument...you can play your cello really good, you know." The girl said and smirked.
"Don't come back. You could get in trouble." I didn't care about her, I just wanted her to stay away.
"I don't care. I want to hear your music." The blue haired girl said. Then she asked me: "What's your name? I bet it has to do with music. Wait! Let me guess! Hmmm...maybe Musa! No.... Celly? No that's stupid...Oh, I know! Melody!" I just laughed. That girl was so funny!
"No! Melody, that's my sisters name! I'm Octavia...-"

"-So, ya told ya name to a total stranger? Really?" Aj interrupted again.
Octavia laughed "Yes, I know it might be a little weird, but when I looked at her eyes I just....I saw that I could trust her..."
"Hmm...did she at least told ya her name?" Aj asked.
Octavia smiled "Yes, indeed..."

"Octavia....that's a beautiful name."
To be honest I was really surprised at that statement. But it was sweet too...
"Uuhhh...thanks...I guess. What is your name anyway...?"
"Vinyl Scratch! The best DJ in all of Equestria!."
"Hahaha! Of course you are!"
Oh my! I laughed sooo much that day, Aj!
But Vinyl looked a bit angry "What? Why're you laughing? I'm just telling the truth!......Or not?"
She shrugged. I really found her cute...
"I don't know. Maybe you can play something for me next time." I said and smiled.
"Sure! Sooo, Octavia, maybe we could-"
"-Hey you!" My father shouted "get out of our backyard, now!"
"Father, wait!" I tried to stop him "she didn't do anything! We just talked!"
"Octavia!, you know, you're not allowed to talk to strangers!"
"I-I know! B-but-"
"-No buts! Get in, now! And you!" He turned to Vinyl "Go away! Before I call the police!"
"Good Bye, Octavia! I hope I'll see you again, someday..."
I just wanted to ran down to her and hug her. But I couldn't...
My father was always watching me, practicing my Cello. Until.......
I was 19, when....m-my f-father...h-he he just.........he d-died!-"

"-Come here, sugarcube." Aj said.
She was hugging Octavia, who cried.
"I still miss him so much, Aj." Octavia said and wiped her tears away.
"Ah know how ya feel." Applejack said taking a deep breath "m-my parents d-died too....."
Octavia looked at Aj. "Oh, I'm so sorry , Aj."
"Don't be. It's ok...." Applejack said and forced herself to smile.
"Should I continue?" Octavia asked.
"Yep."

"...Until the day my dad died, I could play my Cello alone again. And one day I heard a familiar voice again: "Yo, Tavi! You there?"
I smiled and looked down. And there she was again. "Hello, Vinyl."Woow! You didn't change! That's cool!" She didn't change either.
"Sooo, Tavi, wanna play your Cello for me?"
"Of course!"
I sat down and grabbed my instrument and started to play.
Vinyl just looked at me. Smiling.
"Octavia, that was super cool." She said.
I blushed: "T-thanks,Vinyl."
She took my hand and looked me in the eyes.
"You're beautiful. I waited so long for you. Now I finally can hold you."
"V-vinyl I-I -"
But before I could say a word, she interrupted me with her lips on mine. It felt so good, although we barely knew each other.
The kiss lastet a few seconds before Vinyl broke it.
"Octavia, I want to be with you forever. So we should take it slow, for you. Do you want to.
....... be my girl? My girlfriend?"
My heart stopped for a second. She wanted to go out with me!
I couldn't say any word so I just hugged her.
"Is this a yes?" She asked.
I laughed " of course! Vinyl! I-I love you!"
Then we kissed again-"

"-But isn't this a good story?" Aj asked.
"Maybe now. But later....not anymore."

"So from that day on I was her girlfriend. We did everything together. She protected me, whenever I needed her. Everything was perfect.
"What?" I asked "what do you mean with moving away?!"
"My family doesn't want to live here anymore." She cried: "I'm sorry, Tavi. I want to stay by your side. But I can't."
"When do you have to go?" I asked heart broken.
"Today. Afternoon."
"B-but afternoon is in 1 hour..." I said and cried.

I'll miss you, Tavi!" Vinyl said sad and cried a bit.
"Good bye, Vinyl." I said : "I hope I will see you some day...."

"And till that day I never saw her again. I miss her." Octavia said sad.
"That's just awful! Ya poor thing!" Aj said. "Ah hope you both will see each other again..."
Octavia looked in the sky. 'I hope so"