Chapter 1-Eryn

I woke up to the sound of my friend Mickey Wright getting out of bed.

"UUUUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" she groaned as she sat up and stretched. "Morning, Eryn," she said, yawning.

"Thanks for waking me up," I said sarcastically, putting my pillow over my head.

"Hey, in my defense," she said, getting up and starting to make her bed, "we do need to pack up our stuff. We're going home today."

We were at a five night summer camp where we slept in cabins. Our other cabin mates had left the day before so Mickey and I were left with our own cabin.

"Ugh, I guess you're right," I complained. I got up and started making my bed. Once I was done, I went to join Mickey to get dressed. Her brown almost elbow length hair was in a bun and we wore green sunglasses over her blue eyes. She wore a lime green tee shirt and denim shorts with her brown strappy sandals. She wore twain bracelets and a necklace with three clay beads.

"How do I look?" she asked.

I laughed. "Fabulous."

I went into the bathroom and changed into a sleeveless shear turquoise blouse with a purplish-pink tank top underneath with khaki shorts and gray flats. I wore turquoise, purple, and pink bracelets. I left my dark orange shoulder length hair down. I loved the purplish-pink tank top because it brought out my sea green eyes and the few freckles scattered around my face.

"How about this outfit?" I asked.

"Beautiful!" She stuck out her elbow. "Shall we?"

I put my elbow through hers. "We shall."

We then walked out of the cabin to get our last breakfast from camp.

***

We all had our bags packed and were waiting for our parents to show up to get us. Lucky for us, we got to visit each other while we waited.

"Mickey, let me get your phone number," I said.

"Oh, I don't have a phone," she said.

"Oh, really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah," she nodded.

A car finally pulled up with the window rolled down. The man inside had blonde hair and he waved towards us. Mickey enthusiastically waved back.

"Is that your dad?" I asked.

She nodded. "Well, I better get going," she said. "I guess I'll try to call you, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay."

I watched as Mickey got in the car with her father and they drove off.

I always wonder what happened to my dad. Mom said he left when I was little. She also said I would meet him one day.

To my surprise, my mother pulled up right after Mr. Wright. I smiled as I saw the soft, friendly one on her face.

"Hello, sweetheart," Mom said. Her brown hair was in a ponytail today and her soft brown eyes made me feel warm inside.

"Hi, Mom!" I exclaimed. I quickly opened the door to the passenger seat and hopped in. As soon as I was buckled, we drove off.

"How was camp?" Mom asked.

"It was awesome," I said. "Mickey Wright was there again."

"Good," Mom said. "Tell me everything."

And so I told her everything that happened as we drove home. I was just finishing up on what had happened today when we pulled into the driveway of our house. Our house is a small, blue one story with three bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a dinning room, and a living room. One room is mine, the second is Mom's, and the last room we made our office/work room.