Chapter 13-Eryn

"Congrats, Eryn!!" Mickey about shouted as we headed towards the cabins. "Your first quest!! Are you excited?!?" 

"I don't know," I said. "I think I'm sick." 

Mickey laughed. "Everyone feels sick on their first quest." 

I grabbed my stomach. "No, I seriously feel like I'm going to throw up." 

Mickey laughed again. "You'll be fine! You just need a good night's sleep. Tomorrow you'll be excited; 99% guaranteed.  

"I don't know," I said again. 

When we reached my cabin, Mickey opened the door for me. "I'll come see you tomorrow, 'kay? I'll help you pack." 

I nodded. "Thanks, Mickey." 

"No prob," she replied as I walked through the door. "See you tomorrow!" 

"Bye." I waved as she closed the door. I let out a huge sigh as I plopped down on my bed. "What was I thinking?" I said to myself. I sighed again. "What am I gonna do?" 

...

I didn't eat much at breakfast the next day. All I could think about was the quest. 

Because I was alone at my table, Mickey came and sat across from me. She stared at me for a moment.

"Man," she finally said. "You do not look good."

I nodded. "I don't feel good either."

Mickey shook her head. "You can always tell Zaylor you changed your mind."

"Trust me," I said. "I've been seriously considering it. But, then again, I have to go. I already said I would."

Mickey shrugged. "Whatever you want. I really wish I was going with you."

I nodded. "I wish you were coming too. But I believe Zaylor picked who she needed."

Mickey nodded in agreement. "Well, I'll meet you after breakfast, okay?"

"Alright," I replied as she walked off. "Alright."

...

"What do you even pack for a quest anyway?" I asked Mickey back in my cabin after breakfast.

"Well," Mickey replied, "First of all, you probably want to bring a backpack, since you're going to be carrying everything with you the whole time. Then, you'll probably need an extra change of clothes,"

"Check," I said, putting the clothes in my backpack.

"Some money,"

"Check." I put $600 in my bag.

"Whoa, were did you get that?" Mickey asked.

I shrugged. "I do little random jobs to earn extra money. I was trying to save up for college."

Mickey nodded. "Well, that explains it. And now I know where to go if I need some extra dough."

I smiled. You wish, I thought.

"Okay, where were we," she continued. "Ah, yes. Okay, next you'll need ambrosia. Food of the gods."

"I'll pick some up at the gift shop. Next."

"Dramacas?"

"I'll have to ask around," I said. "Anything else?"

"Food," she said. "Plain, normal, human food."

I nodded. "Thank you for helping, Mick."

"No prob," she said. "Now, before I forget, let's go get ambrosia, dramacas, and food."