Chapter 24 - Zaylor

When we had finished shadow traveling, we were outside of a Starbucks, right across the street from a neighboring shadowed alleyway. Sitting in front of the Starbucks, eating, was Sydney, Summer, and Ryker. 

"Sydney!" I exclaimed without hesitation. 

Letting go of Eryn and Jace's hands, I ran over to my best friend and trapped her in a bear hug.

"Woah, calm down," she laughed, "It's only been, like, not even five days!" 

I laughed as I pulled away. "How was the trip?" I asked. 

"Well, the good news is we were only attacked three times on our way from New York," Sydney explained, "The bad news is-"

"Check out this wicked scar!" Summer finished, showing us her torn up arm, finishing Sydney's sentence. "That bad boy's not going away any time soon!" 

"Did you try ambrosia?" Jace asked, showing his protective big brother side. 

"Oh yeah," Summer said, "Sydney made sure of that." 

"You should have seen it," Ryker added, "It was gushing all the way from Chicago to Wyoming." 

"Oof," I said. 

"Anyway, the prophecy," Syndey interrupted, "Did you find Hades's daughter?" 

"Hi!" Rachel said, stepping out from behind. 

Everyone looked as shocked as we did when we first saw her. 

"Woah," Ryker finally said. 

"Hades's daughter, bright as day," Sydney quoted, "Who knew the oracle meant it quite literally." 

"Hades's daughter is the key to finding what you need, got it," I went on, trying to focus. "...okay, I don't got it. Any ideas?" 

It got quiet between the seven of us. 

"To the underworld you will go," Sydney continued, "Zaylor, remember the first time we went to the Underworld? They ask you to state your business before they let you in. Maybe, maybe it means that Hades's daughter," she nodded towards Rachel, "is the key in." 

I smiled and looked at Rachel. "You know," I said, "I think you're right." 

"To get to the underworld we need to get to the Hollywood sign," Sydney explained, "Any ideas on how we can get there?" 

I mischievous smile grew across my face. 

"Oh, I've got a way," I said, "We can all shadow travel there." 

Jace took a step forward. "Sounds good to me, but," his stomach growled, "I'm starving." 

"Same," Eryn said. 

"Okay," I consented, "We all get some food, or some more food, if you want it, and then we'll shadow travel to the entrance to the Underworld." 

"Wait, the Underworld really is in Hollywood?" Rachel asked, "I thought you were joking." 

Sydney smiled. "It's hard to tell with her."