He's a vegetarian

According to Jayden, it gets to a time when Vampires decide to go rest. They fall into deep sleep but could awaken if they chose to.

Finally, the eyes of Jayden's parents moved to Kayla.
" She's quite beautiful son. No wonder you stopped visiting us, you're so cruel" The queen said faking sadness. Kayla wanted to smile at that but she didn't. However Jayden laughed.

" Sorry Mom. But I missed you tho" Jayden said and she scoffed in disbelief.
" How about we all have lunch together, to welcome our future daughter in-law and queen" The King said happily and Kayla's eyes lighted up.
Is it this easy? They are accepting me already? She thought and also wondered what type of lunch they were talking about

Jayden cleared his throat
" Um dad. She already knows everything. She knows we don't really eat " Jayden said. They all went silent for a few seconds which made Kayla nervous. But then the king smiled.

" I can't believe you exposed us so quickly. Well... Um let's do something still. A little celebration would not hurt. Who's up for drinks?" He asked with a wider smile.

     They all sat around a huge table while they were served wine by some servants. Jayden's mom, the queen talked a lot with Kayla. She asked her about herself and her family. And also about how her new life with Jayden would be like. Kayla had already made up her mind tho.

She Soon stopped feeling scared of his parents. They were actually funny people, they told jokes here and there and they all laughed.

Now the only thing they had left on their hands were Kayla's parents and Kayla was always scared whenever Jayden talked about meeting her parents, which made him worried too.

       However, Jayden was willing to wait till she felt comfortable enough. Time flew by and Jayden took Kayla to the palace once in a while.

Jayden graduated from the University with his crew while Kayla was now in her 4th year which happened to be her last too. Jayden was consistent in visiting her and taking her out here and there but also helping her with her studies since he was a straight A student.

The first semester passed quickly and it was now winter in December. Christmas was so close. Jayden and Kayla had decided that it was time to show Jayden to her parents. They hoped everything would go well.

Kayla was a little scared. She didn't want her parents to reject him because she knew Jayden would go out of his way to make her his.

Now that the school had gone on holidays. Jayden and Kayla started preparing to visit Kayla's home and it was just three days to Christmas.

     Snow had filled the streets and the weather was super cold. Houses were already decorated to match the season. Christmas lights were everywhere. It was beautiful.
  Jayden and Kayla got into Jayden's car, both dressed in big winter coats. Jayden's was a pretence since he really didn't need the coat. But her parents couldn't know that, so therefore, he wore the coat.

They bought a few gifts to give her family for Christmas too. And then they started driving, heading for Kayla's city and home.

.......

    At Kayla's house, Mrs Miles, Kayla's mom was arranging dinner on the table while Kayla's grandmother sat on a chair at the dining. The house was decorated to fit the season. Not long after, the doorbell rang. Mrs Miles looked at the old woman.

" I'll get that. It should be Kayla" she said and hurried to the door and pulled it open. Right in front of her was Kayla and a tall looking handsome young man ( Jayden ) both dressed in winter coats. Jayden held three boxes in front of him with a smile.

Mrs Miles then looked at Kayla
" Welcome home Kayla and...m" she trailed off.
" Jayden" he told her and she nodded.
" Jayden. Please come in" she said opening the door wider. It was already dark outside.

Both Kayla and Jayden entered and Mrs Miles locked the door. Jayden dropped the boxes that were beautifully wrapped on the center table. Just immediately, Kayla's father, Mr Miles walked into the living room and they ( Mrs Miles, Mr Miles and Kayla's grandmother ) paused, looking at Jayden and then Kayla.

Kayla understood and cleared her throat.
" Umm.. dad, mom, grandma. This is.... Jayden. I met him at my school and he brought me home.... he's my friend" she explained nervously.

Jayden threw her a look and she pleaded with her eyes. Jayden wasn't happy she didn't introduce him as her boyfriend but he tried to understand her.  They all stood awkwardly.

" Uh.. welcome... Welcome .. kids" Kayla's grandmother quickly spoke as she stood up and it seemed to relax everyone.
" Of course. Please .. join us for dinner" Mrs Miles urged with a smile on her face and they all gathered at the dining to eat.

Mr Miles sat at the head of the table with Mrs Miles by his side and the grandmother by Mrs Miles, while Kayla sat at her dad's other side and Jayden by her. Which meant, she was in front of her mom and Jayden was in front of her grandmother. They began to eat.

Jayden didn't want them to get suspicious, so he started eating the salad that was in front of him, avoiding the rice and meat. Kayla got worried, knowing he couldn't eat anything solid. She placed her hand on his thigh under the table and he looked at her.

He noticed the worry in her eyes and smiled softly.
" It's fine" he assured but that did not stop her from worrying. Of course, their little interaction did not go unnoticed.

   The grandmother started adding rice and meat to Jayden's plate.
" Here son. Eat, eat more" she said happily. She didn't believe he was just Kayla's friend and so far, she liked him for her granddaughter. Jayden paused looking at the food.

" Um.. no no grandma" Kayla interrupted, quickly stopping her grandmother. They all looked at her.
" It's fine Kayla" Jayden said and Kayla looked at him. She knew he was trying to be nice to her family, but she knew he would go through pain if he ate these.
" No it's not" she said. Her voice sad like she was going to cry.

Her parents were confused by her action.
" I'm so sorry grandma" Kayla said as she turned back to them.
Think Kayla, think. She told herself.

" Ah.. um.. he.. he.m he doesn't aum... Eat meat" she tried to laugh nervously.
" He's a.. vegetarian" she quickly said and applauded herself in her head.
" Also he ate on his way here. He is not a heavy eater. He really can't eat much food" Kayla said in one breadth.

" It's okay Kayla. Really, it's fine" Jayden spoke staring at Kayla passionately. He loved the way she was trying to look after him.
" No it's not fine. I'm so sorry. I had no idea" the grandmother said quickly.
" No ma'am. Please don't apologise" Jayden said calmly.

At that moment, Mr Miles cleared his throat
" You'll be staying over for the night?" He asked and all eyes were now on Jayden.
" If you don't mind. Sir" Jayden answered politely.
" We do not have an extra room in the house" Mr Miles informed, while studying Jayden closely.

He felt there was something off about Jayden. Maybe because he looked too good and there was a strange aura around him but he couldn't get it.

" You don't have to worry. I could stay in Kayla's ro...." He was saying but before he could finish, Kayla immediately covered his mouth with both her hands stopping him from finishing his sentence.
" He means... He means...... He doesn't mind staying in the living room" Kayla laughed awkwardly as she slowly withdrew her hands from Jayden's mouth.

See you guys in the next chapter. Hope you like it 😊

Don't forget to

Vote & Comment