Swim Lessons- Percy Jackson

*Had this fun little idea today and figured I'd write it!* 

"I'm going to drown", Y/n cried, clinging onto Percy's neck for dear life.

Percy chuckled, "If you drowned with me here, that'd be pretty unlucky". 

"Shut up". 

Percy picked her up and set her back down on the shore, tucking her hair behind her ears and giving her a quick kiss.

"You're going to be fine", he assured her, "I am not going to let you drown". 

Y/n nodded cautiously, and let Percy put her back into the lake. She had never lived near water growing up, so she had never learned to swim. Besides that, she was fairly afraid of it, which was ironic given her boyfriend was the son of the sea god. 

"Don't let go of me", she warned him, slowly sliding away from his arms. 

"I promise". 

Percy leaned her back and pushed her up on the surface so she was floating, then he stood above her face grinning. 

"You're floating!", he announced proudly. 

Y/n grinned, she wasn't drowning! Then she looked to her left and saw Percy floating right next to her. 

"I thought you were holding me!", she shrieked. 

Percy stretched out his hand and locked it with hers, "There, now I'm holding you". 

Y/n rolled her eyes and Percy picked her up and announced it was time she learned to actually move in the water. 

"How am I going to do that?", she questioned. 

"Lie on your stomach, look down", he ordered. 

Y/n bent forward till she was on her stomach, then following Percy's orders, slowly held her breath and looked down into the water. Then suddenly, she zoomed forward through the lake and into Percy's arms. 

"Oh my Gods, Percy", she hit his arm, "What was that?".

Y/n looked up to see a nereid waving to her boyfriend before disappearing back into the water. 

Percy tried not to laugh while he held Y/n close to him, "See, was that so bad?". 

She shook her head against his shirt, so he set her down in the water, holding her arms so she wouldn't sink under. Then he took her hands into his and urged her to do the same thing she had done before. 

"You have to kick your legs when you swim", he explained, "I'll hold your hands, you try doing that". 

She closed her eyes and tightened her hold on his hands before using her legs to move through the water. Percy was beaming at her with a proud grin on his face, he set her upright again. 

"You are a natural", Percy whispered, kissing her cheek. 

Y/n blushed, "You were holding me the whole time babe". 

"Still".

He then began to teach her how to move her arms in the water so she could swim. Y/n did it wrong the first few times, so Percy held her arms and was moving them around so she could see how to do it. 

Y/n was not sure she was ready to actually have to swim by herself, and really didn't want Percy to let go of her. She decided she needed to at least momentarily distract him, so while he moved her arms around she titled her head back to look into his eyes. 

"Hi", he said with an amused smirk. 

"Hi", Y/n lightly kissed his jaw, then his cheek, then right next to his lips. 

Percy's eyes had fluttered closed, yet once he realized what she was doing he snapped back to attention.

"Y/n", he sighed, "As much as I love this", he kissed her forehead, "And as much as I love you. You can't distract me from teaching you. I really think you can do this, okay? I want to help you". 

His eyes were bright with sincerity, and Y/n wanted nothing more than to kiss him a million more times for how cute he was being. But she knew he really wanted to teach her this, so she nodded solemnly and slid back into the water.

Percy moved them to a place where Y/n could just barely stand up and walked several feet away from her.

"Just come towards me Y/n", he called, "You got this!". 

Y/n took a deep breath, and leaned forward, then she started swimming. She wasn't exactly perfect at it, her arms barely came up out of the water and if she stayed in there a couple more second she might have choked, but she was doing it! 

Percy caught her in his arms again and spun her around proudly. Y/n held onto his shoulder, taking deep breaths in between the giggles she was letting out because of Percy. 

"I knew you could do it!", he cheered, kissing all over her face. 

Y/n blushed, "All thanks to you".

She leaned in to kiss him again, but Percy clearly had another idea. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled them both under the water. Y/n shrieked, and waited to be submerged in water, but instead she felt nothing other than Percy's arm around her. 

"Air bubble", he explained. 

"And why did you take me under water in an air bubble", Y/n raised her eyebrows, a smile evident on her face. 

"For this". 

The he kissed her, slowly and lovingly, like they had all the time in the world to stay under water in the other's embrace. His hands cupped her face and hers were interlocked behind his neck. She felt Percy's hands slide down her face until they held her waist and he tugged her even closer to him. 

Event under water, they had to break apart to breathe, so reluctantly, Y/n pulled her lips away from Percy's. 

"I love you", he whispered, "Thanks for letting me teach you". 

"Thanks for teaching me", Y/n rested her head against his shoulder, "I love you so much". 

(From that day on, Percy taught Y/n to swim almost every single day. And almost every one of those swim lessons ended similar to this one;) 

*A/n* 

HI!!! First of all tysm for 1k votes, that's actually so crazy to say so I really love and appreciate y'all. Secondly, I hope you guys liked this little story! I literally teach swimming so I thought this would be fun to write about and it def was.I'm bringing back questions of the day so here it is.. 

Can you swim? 

I can, because like duh I teach it. But I didn't actually learn until like a little while before I started working lmao. But yeah, I love you guys and hope you have the best day! 

MWAH

-Nini