Gifts - Prologue

• Dedicated to The 15 year old me who picked up a pen for the first time and dreamt

“Well I got a toothbrush off mum last night and it has the Little Mermaid on it.” I remember saying in year two.

So many of us found simple, basic essentials the best gifts ever and your friends responses were filled with amazement, competitively and jealously over….yes, a toothbrush.

But things have changed since I was in year two and in love with the Little Mermaid, there are the other types of gifts, like when your older and not a year two student who thinks Santa is fitting down the chimney on the 25th December every year. Or when you get given the worse present ever; its dull, cheap and no form of boasting material, something like….well a toothbrush.

Or there are the gifts you already have like come on who doesn’t have a toothbrush? Furry teeth much?

Or there are the dull ones which will be useful and you can’t complain because leaving home you need toiletry items, such as the toothbrush.

Or there are the best ones ever, the gift you’ve been wanting forever and been giving hints to anyone who will listen all year up leading up to the very day of what you want.

My view?

Whoever has or receives those gifts should be the happiest people alive! The year two gifts are fun for you at the time, imagine your reaction at that age if you had gotten something better like a TV! You enjoy it; no harm. The stupid presents? Say thanks and return it for something else or give it to someone else as who would cherish it. The already have gifts? Thank them and return it for something else and you can choose so it so definitely won’t be a toothbrush (unless your teeth are furry….your teeth aren’t furry are they?). The useful ones? The fire alarm may just save your life one day and maybe in some really random scenario the toothbrush could too…are you going on a date tonight? And the best ever gifts? Well I have no reason to convince you to enjoy because, well, it’s the best. Duh.

Why should they be the happiest people alive? Well unlike them I have a gift. But my gift you can’t return, use effectively, read the instruction manual, pass it onto someone else or just enjoy.

Why?

My gift is different, unheard of, and secretive. And a pain in my ass.

That’s why I should be the only one allowed to complain. Trust me I have my good reasons…

_______________________________________

I promised that once I finished The Daydreamer I'd upload a new story that was part of Em's & Jace's world aka the Unbelievable world!

So here it is!

Get ready for a ride!

What do we think?

You guys know my drill; vote/comment/fan/recommend/add to library/facey/tweet/read my others stories etc etc.

LOVE YOU!

LIVE.LOVE.LAUGH

JordieXx

P.S Heard of my Facebook page? If not like me! Search JordieXx and find me, or click on the external link or if you get lost my URL for the site is on my profile page in 'about me' part! Why should you check it out? Every cover made for every story I have & haven't uploaded is on there with sneak peeks, descriptions & infos before anyone else, I live on that pg and if YOU design a cover and want it up send it to me and I'll upload it! Simple, yeah? You can discuss your fav covers and tell me what stories you want me to upload, so check it out! For me, please :) :) :)

 it is ; http://www.facebook.com/pages/JordieXx/111714198913927#!/pages/JordieXx/111714198913927?sk=wall

-----------------------------------

All Rights Reserved

Copyrighted Material ©

-----------------------------------