Gifts - Chp 6

I told her. This burning desire within me forced me to and before I knew it my mouth hadtaken over and I told her everything, expressing all. She sat by me as I bared my soul to her. She held my hand the entire time anchoring me to this world. And suddenly my crazy world wasn’t so crazy, it was centred and concrete. All was set, she hadn’t fled. She held my hand and comforted me. Suddenly I wasn’t on my own, the weight was placed equally out on both of our shoulders, and everything was capable now. Because my Lucille knew. – Jacob Iris

When I got back to Nan’s and sat down on my bed with my laptop I felt alight for someone who made a total and utter fool of themselves and for someone who’d never see Lucas again. I was certain that after that last episode with Lucas it would be the final straw and that was it, he’d cut the cord.

Sitting on my bed I looked up the streets of Greenfly with my music playing, I thought maybe that would help soothe my nerves. As I got down to the B’s I grew anxious; what happens if I was wrong? Stacey would think of me as one major reject, a fool; she may even start to not believe these visions of mine.

So when I got to the end of the B’s around where the letter ‘r’ came into the picture I could feel something in my throat and my stomach coiled as I read:

Brookes Street

Bridges Street

Britanya Place

And that was all of the ‘Br’s’, I was too busy smiling in relief to care. So there was hope, I could be alright, I could be closer to solving this….thing. As I printed off a map of the town with the streets highlighted just in case I got lost, which I highly doubted it was a small town I than quickly grabbed some skinny jeans and a white singlet top and chucked on my flats. I lastly slid my phone in my pocket and started my iPod. I left a note for Nan since she was down at the church helping cater for a christening and getting groceries. I locked the house and headed out.

As I set off I knew the first street was about four blocks away but I decided to work from the closest than on my way back from the last and most furthest street I would come back the way I came up, I don’t why but I thought there was no harm in visiting it more than once.

The only downfall to this plan I realized as I continued on my way humming softly was that I didn’t know why and what I’d do after I get to those streets. I couldn’t camp outside everyone of them, I couldn’t evacuate them all, I couldn’t force them to put in fire alarms, I couldn’t mysteriously send them all on a holiday until it happened and tell them to take their most cherished possessions. I couldn’t do…well a lot of things I couldn’t do, I couldn’t even evacuate them I didn’t know the time it would happen, andeven if I did evacuate them what happens if it never happens because they are the ones that cause this fire? Another major questions is; is this vision before or after I get involved, meaning does my involvement create the fire? Or does it mean that since it was a vision before I got involved that since I know there could be no fire? So many questions swam in my head and the more I questioned myself the more my head throbbed and I realized just how much trouble I was in, I had no one to ask and I had literally no answers.

There were only three things I knew I needed to do though:

a) I needed to go to these streets and at least look.

b) I needed to do some research and some hunting into my pop.

c) I needed to have another vision – as much as I hated them.

d) Even if I miraculously do figure this all out I needed to find a way to convince the other’s to believe me.

There was a bigger dilemma building in my head though; what happens if these visions are from the past? What does that mean? I could be wasting all of my time and stress right now, but the bigger question was if it was a vision of the past why was it happening to me? Did they want me to prove my vision? To prove to these people that in a fire a girl died? Was there some form of truth and justice that I needed to speak of to solve some sort of riddle?