Gifts - Chp 33

It amazes me how so few words can utterly make every demon deep within you disappear, how simply seeing her handwriting had me for the first time in weeks laying down ready for sleep and the restlessness deserting me. Her words were few and there wasn’t much information at all and yet until this moment I don’t think I really knew what happiness was or to treasure something. Her words were short and few, but they were enough as she scrawled to me in obvious anxious haste ‘My darling Jacob, I cannot tell you how heartbroken I am. To know that it was my father that is the cause behind my heartache I cannot comprehend. Yet to know your own pain and horrors are because of the very same blood that runs through my very veins it is a war to even manage. Do you feel the same heartache as I? My heart is broken in shards my darling and I know that it will never be put back together until I’m back in your forever loving and humbled embrace. I love you my darling and with every breath within me I’m going to do something so I am right back in your arms, because no matter what my father says or which new man slides onto my arm you will forevermore own my heart. Only yours, your forever loving Lucille.’ – Jacob Iris.

“You can’t do that! You can’t just waltz right in there and-“

“Watch me.” a voice growled in frustration “We’ve got more things to worry about than ruining such a special moment.

And before I could even process the whispers outside the bedroom door or even properly wake up and realize that I wasn’t still sleeping did the bedroom door with a hard slam hit the wall as it was flung open making me cringe into the pleasant warmth of cocoon beneath me.

“Keith!” Stacey shrieked in protest.

“Shit.” He cursed and I wasn’t sure if it was because Stacey was more than pissed at him or was because of the large slam of the door, but to be honest I didn’t care “Right,” he began his voice centering back on his frustrating intentions “you two wake the hell up! we’ve got some shit to resolve, play time is officially over!” he ordered going back into his drill sergeant bossy way that made me want to slap him.

“Who made you boss.” I moaned burying my face further into the warmth and clenching my eyes shut tighter.

“Hey I heard that!” he cried, his voice softening slightly to amusement though.

“God.” Stacey groaned “Come along dickhead, at least give them an hour to shower and wake up and maybe even fix and restart the special moment they could have if it wasn’t for you.” She grumbled.

“What? There are more important things going on than romance!” Keith protested his footfalls telling me he was leaving, not that I cared since I was falling back to sleep.

“Yeah? What about us? If that was me and someone walked in?” Stacey shouted back in sheer ogre mode as their argument grew more distant. That didn’t mean I didn’t hear Keith’s feral growl of possessiveness, god he was such a dog at times.

I think if it was any other time his actions would have utterly startled me and I’d be bolting out the door but maybe it was where I was lying right now or even everything that happened last night, either way I surely didn’t think it was the most important thing. What the most important thing right now was sleep.

“Morning sweetheart.”

I moaned as I buried my face deeper trying to get myself to wake up, but I was just way too comfortable! My new pillow rumbled beneath me in a chuckle as I felt a soft ticklish brush to my shoulder blades, a soft caress almost like the wings of a butterfly. I shuddered at the brush upon my startling bare and yet content skin that shuttered right through to my bones, the caress coming back multiple as it scattered it’s away along my shoulder and down my arm. I moaned again as I nuzzled my face into the pillow thinking of the luscious sleep that I was being lulled into, that is until I felt the ticklish sensation of something tracing teasingly up the length of my arm, up the column of my sensitive throat and to circle my cheek.