Gifts - Chp 43

Wedded. Matrimony. Blissful happiness. They seem to be the blissful whispers travelling through my mind right now on this beautiful night, a night I shall never forget. My sweet darling Lucille is now officially Lucille Iris, my darling love now wears my mother’s wedding band on her left hand proudly. It was quiet and certainly intimate, a marriage done in secret with just our local reverend and my excited brothers and sisters. I was happy to share such a magical day with them; my disconnected family needed a day of just pure content and purpose. There was cheap champagne and laughter shed throughout the night and even the rare documentation on camera. The lounge room by the fireplace soon transformed into a dance floor where we danced into the night, giggles and smiles flaring as we truly celebrated such a glorious battle that led us to our union. My sweet and delicate Lucille is now officially forever mine, something I’m proud and eager for the whole world to hear. I declare she’ll never leave my side, but rather she shall be loved no matter the road that lay before us, she’ll forever be my magical gem. My Lucille was mine, for now and forever. – Jacob Iris

“Holly, you ready?” A voice shouted out as I heard the click of the front door closing again.

I hastily moved quicker as I began to throw the rest of my stuff into my overnight bag, I was dancing around so quickly I’d probably look like a cartoon movie with millions of arms racing around in a million places at once. Once again I’d succumbed to the many distractions on the internet and Jacob Iris’ diary entries.

“Sweetheart, where are you?” he shouted out again as I quickly raced back to my bedroom from the bathroom sliding along the tiled floor.

I ran into my room Lucas finally finding me as he looked up at me from where he sat on my bed, I smiled breathlessly as I let the contents brimming in my arms tumble onto the bed beside him.

“Hi.” I smiled breathlessly leaning down to give him a quick peck on the lips before I went back to stuffing some more things into my overnight bag mentally cursing myself for once again being late and leaving everything to the last moment.

“The front door wasn’t locked again.” Luc stated watching me throw everything half-heartedly into my bag, I wished myself luck with finding things later.

I rolled my eyes in humour; this conversation was becoming something similar to table talk. But with all that’s been going on I’d learnt to certainly feel touched with his concern and his fierce lion protectiveness, there was no use being angry when someone cared about you. I’d become used to now laughing it off and being simply grateful that I honestly get to experience such a beautiful thing as love and honoured to be blessed with such a perfect person.

“I’m certain if a bunch of Werewolves or Vampires decided to get evil a little lock on my front door isn’t going to stop them.” I murmured teasingly, the corner of my lips tipping as I ruffled through my underwear draw.

“Holly,” Luc warned and I rolled my eyes briefly with my back turned to him, expecting a scolding.

I spun around and strode back over to him and my bag “Besides,” I said interrupting and hopefully stopping any upcoming lecture “I knew my strong boyfriend would be over and kicking any creepy dudes ass to save me.” I murmured leaning down against his lips.

“Is that so?” he murmured back gruffly his arms looping around my hips before I was hoisted onto his laps, a startled and delighted squeal passing my lips.

“Yes!” I giggled leaning in for a deeper kiss that would completely washing me away, my teeth latching onto his lower lip “Definitely true.” I mumbled my hands reaching up and cupping his face as I kissed him deeper getting lost in those sinful lips.