Gifts - Chp 3

I'm struggling to balance everything. To balance being a parent to my family, to get my mother out of bed, to have an income to support that family and yet a balance to contain these passionate urges within me. They are foreign to me, they burn deep below in my veins like molten lava constantly than when she’s closer it’s like I’ve exploded into sparks. She has such an effect on me that I cannot help but feel helpless and giddy. I have no control over this sudden and quickly building intensity. It’s foreign and unhealthy. More and more I'm realizing I am in need of knowledge. – Jacob Iris.

“Spill.” She instructed me her determined eyes fully focused on me, even Keith lacking the strength to hold her attention. Her eyes told me what they always told me when we come to this discussion; I'm not leaving you be until you bar your soul.

Sighing in defeat I tell her all, I tell her of how walking up the stairs these images bombarded me and made me unstable and made me black out for seconds at a time and the whole way through she listened intently, never having to mask her face as there was no horror nor pity only attention and determination, determination to stick by me and to figure this out.

Once I had concluded my story and felt a lot more weightless after I had spilled all, even though it was little there was a pause of silence before Stace spoke, she blinked, my knowledge of her for seventeen years telling me she was only absorbing it all. “It was weird, you were fine and then you got really pale and started breathing heavily, I thought you were hyperventilating. Lucas walked around the corner and you were completely oblivious, your eyes closed and really dazed and glazed over, it looked like it hurt because you grabbed your face. Then you being you tripped over the top step and straight into Lucas. At first it looked like you were getting worse, you were shivering and shaking your head like a mad man you know? Than as soon as Lucas wrapped his arms around you, which didn’t take long, everything cease. It was as if nothing happened. Too quick for the eye. And not long later you came around.” Suddenly her face fell her worry shining through that she had masked during her speech “It was almost like a spasm, a seizure.” The pure fear in her eyes.

“Hey,” I soothed knowing I need to appease her, if Stace was freaked I was going to be over freaked, I’d most likely be actually hyperventilating and locking myself in a padded cell. “It’s not the first and I am fine, it’s nothing big or new, don’t fret.” I practically cooed thinking that reminding her that the previous incidents have occurred would make her feel as if there was no new drastic change. “You know I’ve been having these since…Well, you know.” I said averting my eyes knowing that no matter what, even if it was to appease Stace I was not speaking of that. “I’ve just got to figure out more about it, you know?” I said quickly changing the topic.

“Okay, but until than go off with Mr. Hottie over there and flirt around a little, there is something going on here.” She said pointing between Lucas and I. “Trust me, and knowing you you’d be that adamant that there is no chance that you’d shoot him down the feel as small and worthless as an ant, don’t push the poor kid away, have some fun. You of all people deserve it.” I just gave her a pointed look. “Holly you’d only blow it, I'm just giving you the heads up.”

“Thanks.” I said sarcasm dripping in my voice.

She shrugged unfazed by my tone; she was used to that response with this conversation. “You would hate yourself for losing that gorgeous thing wouldn’t you?” she rhetorically.

I rolled my head and nodded “No chance from the start.” I muttered.

Before she could argue I dragged her back over to them. They stopped mid-conversation making it just a tad suspicious; was one of us part of that conversation? I prayed that it was Stacey if they were discussing one of us. They both smiled and my heart did a flip and all, I truly was pathetic.