Gifts - Chp 13

I am afraid. Not for myself but for my Lucille. The research we are doing, our questioning and our odd behavior is drawing one’s attention and suspicion. It is not only that of my family but my surrounding citizens. They look at me differently now, at first they presumed it was the result of my father’s passing and the weight placed on my shoulders but now…. They are growing curious and questioning, gossiping amongst themselves. I'm afraid soon that Lucille’s family may even reject the option of our association let alone the possibly of us courting. I'm afraid they’ll discover the truths and I shall be shunned and I'll be chased out of home and we’ll witness the return of something of the likes of the Salem Witch Trials. At the end of the day I worry for my Lucille, and only my Lucille. – Jacob Iris

My eyes fluttered back slowly in the warmth as the sun danced through my window and caressed my face and skin. Slowly I opened my eyes and glanced up to connect with the peaceful sleeping Luc. I smiled slightly whilst blushing at my daring move last night whilst I adored and basically drooled over the sight before me.

Luc’s brown hair was askew and messy from sleep that made him look sexy beyond belief; his face was peaceful and so soft and gentle, happy. I smiled at the sight of the small little content smile creeping in on the corner of his lips, it was cute. His skin looked so smooth and soft that I just wanted to reach out and run my fingers along it. I found it highly unfair how males always got better skin then us girls, it should be illegal. Luc’s eyelashes brushed his skin as he hid those crystal blue eyes that held so much depth you thought you had been bought under and in. My eyes followed his angular jaw line and down his neck and then my eyes landed on his bare chest. I blushed and drooled in one. Wow. How does someone get so lucky? I was right, he was a god. My fingers twitched to do things, naughty things and I repressed the dangerous flare of desires within me as I just stared. Who said hurting and dreaming could do any harm? My wind wandered picturing fantasies and such that were more and more heated than the next, especially as my mind began to be picturing if he actually took his shorts off also…

“Sweetheart I'm truly flattered but drooling is just a slight turn off.” His husky voice broke my stare as he groaned arching slightly in a stretch revealing more of him to me.

I blushed embarrassed and shy that I had been caught and looked down.

Suddenly two fingers tucked under my chin made me look up into his soft glorious eyes that was a gentle embrace “That was the best sleep I’ve had in a long time. I could really get used to waking up beside you every morning princess.” He murmured softly brushing his lips over my nose gently making me shiver and let out a ragged breath in one. Boldly my hands reached up on their own accord and curled around his hands as I pushed myself further into his blissful touch.

“Princess.” Luc groaned his lips brushing lower down my nose and towards my lips making me press further into him, begging him to.

That is until my phone blared with the song ‘Architects’ by Rise Against. I groaned in annoyance and reached over Luc without thinking to my bed side table for my mobile.

“Hello?” I murmured huskily into the phone still slightly sleepy.

“Holl? Are you okay?” Stacey’s voice greeted me.

I rubbed at my eyes as Luc played with my hair “Sure, just got out of bed.” I said carelessly.

“Just now? Holly its three o’clock in the afternoon!” she cried astounded.

“Shit.” I cursed under my breath as I glanced at my clock, she was right. “I, uh, only got to bed at like six this morning.” I murmured.

Stacey made a mocking click of her tongue in disapproval “What were you doing last night?” she teased.