Gifts - Chp 5

I find myself compelled to tell her. I find myself about to blurt my secrets and worries to her in the most ridiculous moments; cooking dinner, dining out, going for a stroll, at events and parties. I have been biting my tongue back so much that it seems the taste of metallic blood in my mouth is almost natural. I feel as if I do not tell her than I will be forever sinned, but is this problem itself a sin? Am I of something that others would refer to as witchery? I feel like my whole world is falling apart since the death of my father and now that mother is sick I know she isn’t going to fight, my life is falling apart and I know that all these lives rest on my shoulders. They say time heals wounds but I'm finding a whole new meaning to that, Lucille heals all wounds. My Lucille. – Jacob Iris.

When I get home I unlocked the door to find a note left on the kitchen bench:

Gone out for afternoon dinner with the girls from the club. Won’t be home until late, would you do the lawn for me? In case they come back for some coffee can you pick up any of your things for me?

Wayne dropped off your package.

Can’t wait to hear about your first day back at school.

Talk soon.

Bunch of kisses and love.

Nana.

xoxo.

I smiled; she is so good to me.

Since my parents had been travelling I moved into Nan’s house with her and pop. I instantly grimace at the thought. Nan’s house was a cute little brick house on a quiet street. The brick was a nice soft red with a beautiful garden. Although Nan had been told constantly to not do anything too intense due to her age, including an extravagant garden. That didn’t stop her though from making a gorgeous garden that surrounded the house. With the cute little rock fence, the wild colors, the draped trees and bushes that gave you privacy and the huge lawn out the back off the beautiful gazebo. It was the best family home for gatherings, privacy and pure bliss. I loved it best at night when we used to go out on the lawn and I’d lay on my back in the grass and watch the stars. Inside was just as cute and beautiful; it felt like a true home. It had the simple rooms; two bedrooms, a kitchen, lounge room, laundry, office and bathroom. It was home.

Going outside I started with the lawn and then moved onto tidying up any of my mess. Lastly I jumped in the shower ignoring the obvious in life.

As I looked in the mirror I decided that maybe I needed a new year’s resolution; to look after myself. There was proof I needed to do so, just by the darkness on the outside. The darkness on the inside is a whole new story. My face was pale, no color like usual, just a hollow sheet white. My cheeks sunken in and hollow. My eyes seemed dark and tired, tried of crying and being sorrow. My natural strawberry blonde hair looked like it needed its usual bounce into it, looking scattered and with any lack of strength and health. My skin and body looked fragile, ragged; it was a naked white that just looked white. As if the touch of a butterfly would kill me.

It was time for a change. For me, for someone special who has left my side.

As I got out and dried my hair, I gave my body the biggest treatment ever; masks on face and hair, moisturizer slathered all over face, hair and body. I shaved my under arms and legs. Once I blow dried my hair and combed through it I added some other products and sprays.

I felt good. I knew I had a lot more of outer and inner cleansing to do, but I still felt better, lighter.

I turned up my speakers and cleaned the house dancing and singing. It didn’t bother me if Nan’s friends didn’t turn up, it kept me distracted like from this text message for instance: