Gifts - Chp 21

Life is a funny thing; you can never control or halt the inevitable. I am engaged and soon to marry the most stunning and fairest lady in our village let alone our globe. I am beyond words the happiest man alive. It doesn’t matter that her father disagrees; it doesn’t matter these days that those around me are murmuring and whispering such words behind my back as if I am filth. Because I know I am not filth, my beautiful tender Lucille has showed me so, she believes in me and therefore I must believe in myself. I don’t care about the world around me and everyone else, as long as I am with my Lucille nothing else matters. So no matter what the lord has in store for me, what I am to face that I know is going to come and crash against me like a wild untamable storm, I don’t care. All I care is that my Lucille is there, right beside me. – Jacob Iris

“Princess,” Luc groaned “we’ve been here kissing for over an hour. I think we should really come back to reality.” He muttered gravelly against my lips.

I smiled tugging on the silky strands of his hair at the nape of his neck as I pulled him in closer, his lips practically being swallowed whole “I’m just making up for lost time.” I murmured softly against his lips.

Luc chuckled “What has gotten into you?” he murmured, his voice amazed and curious as he pulled back gently to look me in the eyes, my arms still wrapped around his neck securely and his around my waist, our legs a tangled mess.

I smiled up at him as I shrugged “What do you mean?” I asked confused yet the smile impossible to be stolen off my face.

Luc smiled dazzlingly as he watched me with tender filled eyes “What happened to you resisting me and me the one chasing, it seems the tables have turned.” He murmured softly, his eyes roaming my face for an answer.

That however caused me to pull back the slightest as I frowned deeply, my heart suddenly racing for a whole new other reason. Fear. “What do you mean the tables have turned? Are you running from me now?” I asked or rather demanded with a sharp tone.

Luc halted me as by every second that passed I had found myself pulling more and more away. “No,” he began sternly reaching out for me and pulling me in with a stern grip “no, no.” he denied pulling me in until I was pressed up against him tightly.

“Well what did that mean?” I asked my voice going shrill towards the end, crackling with emotions.

Luc shook his head “I'm not running. I swear on my life I am never running.” He murmured his voice filled with utter conviction as he lowered his stance so his eyes were on the same level as me. “I’m not running, especially not when I’ve finally caught you.” He growled his lips claiming my own.

Almost instantly and to my embarrassment I moaned into his mouth, my body instantly reacting and betraying me on so many levels. A simple touch and I was putty in his hands and all was forgotten. With such a burning and intense kiss my entire body felt light and if anything nonexistent as my body instantly curled and clung to him in every way possible struggling to find a sufficient amount of Luc to quench the alarming desires flushing with a burning heat within me.

Luc showed me through that kiss how true those words were as they rang and echoed off my ears, his lips lingering and beyond anything passionate and slow, staking claim of what he wanted. Pulling back Luc rested his head on my forehead “I'm not running.” He breathed or rather panted, the two of us breathing raggedly as if we had just run a marathon.

I smiled faintly up at him “What does that mean? Where does that lead us?” I murmured softly, a blush creeping up on my cheeks and flaming with a deeper intensity by the minute.

I felt small for many reasons, one being that I had made an utter fool out of myself acting like some weak and vulnerable fool that appeared desperate for reassurance. Whereas another part of me felt so small with what I was dealing with, I had never in my entire life had an official boyfriend let alone shared something so intense with someone, I didn’t know the rules of the dating life, I was naïve and inexperienced at such that I felt small and inept.