Gifts - Chp 16

In your life there are days where you in which need someone to pick you back up off the ground, to set you straight. My life so far has never been anything set straight or anything certain. My life has been filled with such darkness and uncertainty it makes you tired, it makes you not wanting to go on. I have lost many I’ve loved; Lloyd, my father and it seems the woman wasting away in her bed is also not my mother anymore. I'm losing those I love and now I am facing the uncertainty of what has become of me, what I can do, what I can see. I am unsure and I struggle, I grew tired and I didn’t want to fight. But here I am picking myself back up off the ground for the woman I am madly in love with, my Lucille. At the end of the day, I breathe for her, I fight for her. – Jacob Iris

My life became more and more absorbed in researching during that week, my studies suddenly meant nothing to me and I delved myself into finding answers, there was a burning desire within me to know. Yet there was thrill of excitement to be hunting and all these clues, I literally felt as if I was in a movie or a really awesome mystery book.

Things between Stacey and I however were….distant to say the least. Stacey was with Keith constantly, attached at the hip. I liked Keith in all honesty but lately since all this mess had started in my life the way he looked at me….it was unnerving. It wasn’t with hate or disgust but curious, searching and highly intent. It was as if he could literally read me just by looking at me. I felt highly exposed around me and it put me on edge. So it didn’t bother me that I saw less of them because where Stacey went Keith now went too and my focus was entirely on finding out about myself.

Luc however didn’t like Keith at all suddenly; it didn’t take long for him to realize that I felt uncomfortable under Keith’s piercing gaze and as soon as he did he became possessive and highly protective. He didn’t trust Keith suddenly and around him he’d show his distaste towards him with narrowed eyes before wrapping his arms around me in a protective and possessive manner.

Tonight was Wednesday and rather than going out tonight for res sports we were going to the library that was opened late on Wednesday nights. We had though lied and told Nan we were going to res sports, I felt bad for lying to Nan but something within me told me not to tell her. This was something I had to do on my own and right now I wasn’t sure if she was someone I could tell this all to without her chucking me in a mental ward. I was tentative around her, I mean she obviously hid this diary in the sock box; she was hiding something from me intentionally. If I asked her now she’d be mad and deny and maybe even rid of any other items that could be of help. So right now Nan wasn’t going to be hearing the truth.

Walking out the front door I made my way happily down to the corner of my street to meet Luc. He was waiting happily for me with his hands shoved in his pockets and his feet kicking a stone around. Hearing the crunch of my feet he looked up and beamed happily at me, his eyes shining like always in an intent way.

Luc held his hand out to me and I shook my head with a teasing smile, Luc groaned “Come on.” He pleaded, I could tell though it was all just an act, if his twitching lips and smile was any evidence.

I shook my head before giggling “Nope, I won. I deserve my reward.” I said happily beaming wide.

Luc chuckled, his arms reaching out and coiling around my waist as he pushed me into his warm body in the summer breeze. He nuzzled his face into the side of my face making my face scrunch up in a giggle as I laid my hands flat on his chest, feeling his heart beat under my hand. “What’s your reward? What do you want?” he murmured, his voice deep and rich making my entire form shiver and tremble.

My head tilted to the side as I let out a soft sigh my eyes sliding closed as his lips brushed my cheek as soft as butterflies caress. My fingers that lay on his chest curled in his shirt “Can you turn into my chariot again?” I whispered softly.