Chapter IX: Beta

Hey guys! I am so sorry about not updating! I'm in Europe and Internet is scarce. I jump for joy every time we do get internet.

I want to thank everyone who has commented, THANK YOU FOR OVER 1000 VEIWS THANK YOU!!!!!!

BTW: the pov is going to change a lot in this chapter. Heads up
Your demigodishness and all

-Kakahi

Chapter IX: Beta
Connor's pov:
My heart felt like it was shattered. Then painfully put back together. Then thrown into Tartarus. Finally, shattering once more.
I looked at the monitor, hoping that the machine was broken. Yeah, that was it. It was just broken. I cried out and grabbed Travis' hand.
"No! No! Please come back, Travis you can't just leave me!" I cried. I heard archangel's dog, Fotia, howl. She seemed to be singing a sad song. "Please!" I looked at Gem and Vin. "Please tell me the machine... It's just broken." I croaked out. Gem looked at me.
"Connor, I am so sorry. it's hard to lose someone close to you, especially a twin." She said, sadly.
I gripped Travis' hand tighter. I cried again.
I took out my dagger and held it. Archangel, probably realizing what I wanted to do, jumped at me. I threw my dagger across the floor, he pinned my arms behind my back, and slammed me on the floor.
"Arch-... What are you?" Gem said. Fotia ran up and looked at Archangel. The just stared at each other for a couple of seconds and Archangels grip loosened. He leaned over and whispered in my ear.
"Travis wanted you to keep pranking, keep living your life. That was one of his dying wishes. He asked Fotia tell tell you this, if he didn't make it." He said softly.
I had expected him to be harsh, yell at me for trying to join my brother. But his words were full of pity, like he knew how hard it was to lose someone. I sighed and choked back another sob. Archangel helped me up.
"Gem, can you take Connor to talk to Pullex? Vin, go get Alpha and stargazer. I need to talk with them." He said.
Gem lead me out of the tent, to talk to Pollux. Because not too long ago, he had lost his brother as well.

Arch's pov:
I watched Caly, castor, and Connor leave the tent. After about a minute Castor came back with Luke and Zoe.
"Hey Arch, what is it-..." Luke started to say, but then noticed Travis' dead body. "No way! Have you told Connor?" He asked.
"Yeah, he was here right before he died. He got stabbed by 6 daggers with marauders venom on them." I said.
"What did you need us for, arch?" Zoe asked.
" I want your opinion... I want Travis, and eventually Connor, to join our squad." I said and looked at them.
"Well, I've seen Connor and Travis spar, they really took your advice that one time to heart, they are pretty good with swords and with all the pranks they pull, they could help Charlie with traps. They also have great teamwork and can read each other expression very, very well. with a bit of practice, they could probably do anything, besides metal works, most likely." Luke said.
"Fine, I guess." Zoe said sourly, probably thinking of the time the stolls pranked phoebe.
"Well, we have agreed right?" I said looking at Zoe.
"Yeah, I said yeah." she replied.
"Okay, okay" I said. {{Lord Chaos, Lady Order! we need to talk to you.}} I mind messaged them. A black portal opened up and they both stepped out.
"What is it Archangel? Alpha? Stargazer?" Order asked sweetly. I pointed to Travis' body.
"We want him, and eventually his twin brother, Connor to join our squad. alpha and stargazer and I have discussed it. We think with a bit of practice, they could be useful at really anything." I said.
"Oh, I see. Well shall we travel into his soul then." I nodded with Luke and Zoe looking worried. I looked at then."i am going to pass out for like, a second. I guess, this is the ultimate trust fall." I said. "well, time to talk to Travis." I said.
I closed my eyes. And willed myself into Travis' soul. Fotia following behind me.
I opened my eyes, standing in that white room from all those years ago.

Travis' pov:
As I faded into the darkness, I heard people cried out. But I welcomed the darkness because although I would terribly miss Connor, I was in incredible pain. I guess these daggers had some poison on them.
But, I didn't awake in the underworld, at least, I'm pretty sure I didn't. I woke up in a pure white space, I couldn't really call it a room.
There was a man, a women, Archangel, and Fotia standing in front of me.
"Where in hades am I?" I asked. Archangel laughed.
"Your reaction was similar to mine." He said. "Travis you're in a place which you could call in between life and death. We brought you here to give you a second chance. We want you to join the angels of chaos and order."
"Perseus! You stole my line, I wanted to say it, but no!! You just go and steal it!!" The man shouted.
Archangel just smirked and said "you waited too long, Lord Chaos."
Wait! Did Chaos say Perseus?
"Hold on, hold on, did you just say Perseus? Like Perseus Jackson?" I asked.
"Yeah, my old name was Perseus Achilles Jackson" Archangel said and took off his hood.
Percy looked the same, except for his eyes, one of his eyes were a bright orange, while the other was still sea green.
"Percy! We all thought you were dead! Why didn't you tell us?" I asked.
"Bad memories" was all he said.
"Oh, okay" I said.
"So do you except our offer?" Order asked.
"Yeah I guess. wait, what about Connor?" I asked. I wanted to join, I really did. I mean this sounded sooooo cool. But what would happen? When Connor finally died, got to the underworld, and I wasn't there.
the lady said, "Perseus wants your brother to join the army, as well, after they defeat destruction. If he dies from the war, we'll just revive him. anyway he is going to become an angel of chaos and order, if he chooses to."
"So, we better go bestow you your wings. you'll be training on planet Alphador. if we think you're ready, we'll send you back to earth. but, for the moment you'll keep training." Chaos said and walked forward along with the lady. They grabbed my hands and teleported us to I guess you could call my new home.
But in the wind, I swear I heard Percy's voice telling me:
"Your code name will be-..."
"Beta"

Alpha's pov:
I watched Arch collapse. Me and Zoe ran forward and caught him before he hit the ground. But just as soon fainted, he was awake. He stood up and stretched his arms.
"Well, that went well." He yawned.
"What di-..." Zoe started. But then, noticed Travis' body glowing a bright gold, then bursting into particles. "Oh, I guess he accepted." She said.
"Yeah" I said and looked to where his body once was. "What's his code name, or do you not know yet?" I asked.
"Beta, his code name is beta." He replied.
"Well, we'll go tell the other angels about beta. Is Fotia going to be okay?she still hasn't gotten up." I asked.
arch walked over and checked her. But he just smiled. "she's asleep, I don't blame her. she worked hard today." he picked her up and was about to leave when Connor and Pollux came bursting in. They looked at the bed where Travis' body once was.
"Where is he? Where is Travis?" Connor cried.
"Relax." I said.
"Look, we gave him a second chance." Zoe mumbled.
"What do you mean?" Pollux asked.
"What we are saying is Travis joined the angels of chaos and order. He is actually at the moment, receiving his wings." Arch replied.
The look on pullex's and Connors faces were priceless. I wish I had packed a camera.
"Travis is... Travis is... He's alive?" Connor asked softly. We nodded. "Did he really die or were you lying?"
"No, he was really dead. all of the angels of chaos were dead. it's kind of like a right of passage. if chaos and Order think you're worthy, they'll bring you back to serve in their army." Arch replied.
"Wait, if a lot of your soldiers are fallen heroes, do you happen to know a Castor Dion?" Pollux asked.
"Actually I know him personally..." Castor said. "He actually is standing in this room talking to you."
Pollux looked at Castor and whispered "is that you?" He nodded.
While the brother bonding moment was going on, Arch motioned for me and Connor to come out side. I got up and followed him out of the door, we walked into the woods and sat down. arch put Fotia on the ground by his feet. He looked at Connor and said.
"Connor, when this war is over... We want you to join the angels of chaos and order. You can refuse, but we have a feeling you will want to stay with Travis. Also, if you agree, you will find out all of our identities."
"I want to join. I mean this is freaking awesome, and I don't know how I'm going to survive without him. Now that, that is covered... Who are you?" asked Connor.
Arch and I took off our hoods. Another moment that I wish I had my camera.
"Luke, Percy?" Percy flinched a bit at the sound of his old name. "Is that really you? I mean I know your fallen warriors and all that stuff, but is that REALLY you?" He asked.
We nodded, "you need to swear by the river Styx that you will not tell anyone. No one, what so ever. Also it's Arch... I don't go by percy, anymore." Arch explained.
"Okay, I swear by the river Styx not to tell anyone your identities, unless you give me permission. Also, I guess I'll call you Arch... Archangel is too much of a mouth full." He rambled on.
"I know right! That's why we call him Arch. I think the only people who still call him archangel is Chaos and Order... And even they sometimes call him Arch!!!" I cried out.
"Okay, now that we have that covered... Later, Connor." he picked up Fotia, who was still asleep." He paused for a moment, like he was remembering something. "Hey Luke, can you take Fotia back? I want to ask Chiron something." He asked me.
"Sure, what is it?" I asked, curious as heck!
"Nothing. just wanted to ask about something that happened before I died." He replied, handing me Fotia and running off.
"Did you catch what he was saying. I didn't get a word!" Connor said.
"Nope. I just hope he knows what he's doing." I said. But I think I knew what he was going to ask.
It was something that happened to powerful demigods before they died. Even I had experienced it.
It was when your sleep... Was dreamless

Authors note:

Thanks for all the support I'm getting... I love you guys so much!
Remember this is just a filler. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment Anyways

Your demigodishness and all!!!!!!!

-Kakahi

2108 words