Chapter X: Fate and Legends

Are you mad about my cliffhanger... Don't worry I have a plan for everything... Everything happens for a reason

Well. okay...

You demigodishness and all

-Kakahi

Chapter X: Fate and legends
Arch's pov:
I gave Luke the fast asleep Fotia and ran off to the big house. I don't know why it crossed my mind, but I knew if anyone would know... It would be Chiron. It was about twilight (no! Not like the books! The time!) before I made it to the big house. I ran up to the porch and knocked on the door. The door opened and Chiron, in his wheelchair form, opened the door.
"Hello how may-... Oh Archangel, how man I help you?" He said. "Oh, come in, come in."
I walked in the door and stood near the couch.
"Chiron, first I would like to tell you, there were 14 total deaths, 8 campers... 6 hunters. We had 6 missing but, we found Travis Stoll. sadly, he was declared dead shortly after. So, now only 5 are missing. At the moment, Fotia is incapable. we have sent out search parties, but we have not found them, so far. There were a lot of injuries. Most were minor, only a handful had major injuries." I explained to him.
"Oh that is tragic, and did you say Travis Stoll... Has his brother been informed?" He asked. "If not, you should know Connor and Travis are twins."
"Yes, sadly he was present in his final moments." I replied. "Now that we have covered that, there is a question I have wanted to ask you. well, really anyone for the past couple of years. You see, before I left earth to join that army, the few days before I was met with dreamless sleep. Now, normally, I would have been happy, but there was a lot going on at the moment and it didn't seem right. Is there anything that you could tell me about dreamless sleep?" I asked.
Chiron for once looked shocked. Then, he sighed. "Normally, when demigods are training we try to avoid the topic of dreamless sleep. how many days did you go without dreams?" He asked.
"3-4" I answered.
"Hmmm, that's pretty normal for this topic then. You see dreamless sleep is a sign. The Fates are telling us something. It doesn't happen to every demigod, usually demigods who either have a lot of power, or are powerful." He started.
"What kind of sign" I asked curiously.
"It is... A sign that ones' fate... Is coming to an end. Now, that can mean many things. It doesn't always mean you die, seeing as you are here and have had dreamless sleep. There are 2 kinds of dreamless sleep. The first one, this one says that you are going to die. Because fate gives us dreams, and if ones' fate is coming to an end... Well, they wouldn't have anything to dream about. In other words, they are going to die in the near future. Then, there is the second type, the least common one. This one tells you that your fate,as someone, is coming to an end. Like,say your name is Trey Clinton. if you experienced the second stage of dreamless sleep, it would mean your future as Trey Clinton is coming to an end. but you take another name, another personality, a new fatal flaw. pretty much everything, is new. I have heard rumors that there appearance changes, as well. So you see, dreamless sleep is a sign that your life is going to change dramatically, or even have it ended, in the next couple of days." He stated.
"Sooo, dreamless sleep is a sign of death or changes, in other words. but, it doesn't happen to everyone?" I said, in simplistic terms.
"Yes, that is pretty much it. tell me what happened in the couple of days when you had dreamless sleep which might have made you prone to personality change.?"
"Well, you see, in simple words, a new kid showed up, my friends turned on me, I was disowned by my father, and my girlfriend cheated on me with my friend." I summed up.
"I'm sorry." he replied
"The past is the past." I said, simply. "I need to go now. Thank you for describing dreamless sleep to me." And I walked out of the door, silently.
-------time lapse (about 3 days later)---------
A lot of stuff happened in 3 days. 1) news about the deaths spread like wild fire. 2) Connor started visiting us more often, earning him a lot of strange glares. 3) Connor learned all our identities. 4) Bianca reveled herself to Nico, so now he came by, a lot.
So yeah, fun stuff.
Anyways. We haven't had any news about destructions' army recently. He probably backed up because we defeated his first wave. Coward. Thankfully, that gave us time to train the campers a little more.
Even though most of them are still horrid *coughcoughLogancough* , they are improving.
I just hope our luck... Can last.

Gem's pov:
It's been 3 days since Travis died and joined the warriors. Even though he's now alive and well... I feel bad about letting him die. He's forgiven me. We have been able to contact him since he joined. He says that training sucks, but he's doing well.
I walked toward the Apollo cabin, I was training the doctors there with Vin in a little bit. As the cabin came in sight, Santa's Latino elf popped into my field of vision.
"You're... Gem? Right?" Leo said, with a goofy grin.
"Yeah, what do you need?" I asked sternly.
"Do you have a moment to talk? I have wanted to talk to one of you guys for a while, and well... You just seem the kindest out of the 8 of you." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck. I looked at the Apollo cabin, about to say no, I don't have time, but Castor came out and nodded... Telling me to go. Leo must have noticed it because he smiled and said "Come on."
I glared at Castor. Oh I'm going to get him when this is over.
Leo lead me to the beach, he found a remotely hidden spot and sat down. I sat next to him and said "what did you want to ask us?"
"Do you believe in legends? do you believe that they are true?" He asked, completely serious. I nodded my head. Many legends of warriors and monsters around the universe turned out to be true. Leo sighed.
He lit his finger on fire and continued. "Fire users are really rare, you know. I haven't meet or heard of one. But, this ability is also a curse. There is a legend that whenever a fire user appears, bad things will happen to the people who associate with them. At first, I didn't believe this. Sure, when I first came, we had the war with Gaea, but I didn't think it was my fault. But I had meet this girl during the war, she was trapped on an island. But when I finally got her away from the island...She died." I realized he was talking about me. "I just thought it was a possibility, because she would have been over 1000 years old. So, I came back to camp to be with my friends. but about 1 week later, that kid from the Aphrodite cabin, Logan tines, he put a love potion in annabeths drink, and charmspoke me into kissing her in front of her boyfriend... And my best friend. He ran away, thinking everyone betrayed him. But even after that he defended us from the Titan Atlas." I mentally gasped. "And he defeated him, but died in the end. You see, even though I thought that the legend was fake, I caused the death of the 2 people I cared about most." He sighed.
"You know,most likely they don't blame you for their deaths." I said, softly.
"Yeah, but I can't even ask them, because their souls are missing. That's why I'm going to find them, I swear on the Styx, I'm going to find them before I die." He said confidently.
"I hope you do find them." I whispered.

Nico's pov:
I was doing the border patrol tonight. Nothing too special, some hunters were as well, just hope I don't run into those man-haters. Well, ever since destruction came, everyone's on edge. So, now we do border patrol.
Make sense? I didn't think so. If one person runs into destruction... All it's going to do is get that demigod killed.
Oh well.
I heard some crunching behind the bushes. I whipped around to find a hellhound the size of a small semi-truck come out. I sighed and was about to charge. Code word: was.
Before I got the chance 4 silver arrows pierced the beast in the eyes, nose, and chest. As it bursted into dust, I turned around to find Thalia, with her bow raised.
"Hey, what what was that for? You stole my kill! I've been bored all night!" I yelled.
Thalia lowered her bow and stuttered "well... I just... ummm.." she started blushing.
Thalia? Blushing? Okay, who kidnapped my cousin???
Strangely, though I felt the heat raise on my face, as well. It was silent for 30 second before Thalia turned around and said "I'll talk to you later Nico." And headed off into the woods
What was that all about I thought.

Authors note:
And done!!!! Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try to do a better one next time

DAM FILERS

Comment

Your demigodishness and all
-kakahi

1706 words