Chapter Twenty Four

He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man.-F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

The drive up to the mountains only took about an hour and a half. During the entire time, Noah was the perfect pillow.

When we all got to our rooms and settled in, we were told we could do what we wanted, as long as we were with another person for the entirety of that time. I ended up rooming with Katia, Alyce and Thalia, while the four boys, Hunter, Damon, Jasper and Noah roomed together.

Dylan Hall came by our room and asked Thalia to go skiing, to which she agreed. Alyce and Katia went skiing with Hunter, Damon and Jasper. This just left Noah and I alone. I didn't particularly feel like going snowboarding yet, so Noah decided to drop by my room just to hang out.

"If you wanted to make out, you could have just asked," Noah smirks. "You didn't have to get all of our friends to go skiing without us and invite me to your room."

"As charming as ever, Noah," I roll my eyes, opening the fridge that had complimentary water bottles in them. "I don't understand how you have so many girls begging for your attention. You're cliché."

"I can be charming when I want to be," he defends. "I know exactly how to get a girl."

I turn back around to face him, placing the water bottles on the counter beside me. I raise an eyebrow in a taunting manner, "I haven't seen you with a girl in months, Noah. I think you're losing your touch."

"Oh, really?" There is a touch of amusement in his voice, his eyes analyzing me.

Suddenly, I am not so confident. The way he is looking at me causes butterflies to flutter in my stomach. I never realized just how distracting he can be.

Slowly, he approaches me with a mischievous look in his eyes. He gently settles his hands around my waist, pressing me lightly against the kitchen counter. I find myself staring into his hypnotizing, hazel eyes, completely captured by them. One of his hands brushes the exposed skin right above my waist, almost making me melt at the touch.

He's so close to my face that if I lean forward, I could kiss him. Dipping his head, he brushes his lips against my jaw, then my neck, light like a feather. My eyes flutter shut, savouring his delicate touch. His hands are still settled on my waist, moving underneath my t-shirt.

He pulls me closer to him, the scent of vanilla and hazelnut overtaking my senses, intoxicating me. Ever so lightly, he presses his lips against my neck, right under my jaw. I sigh out of pleasure, releasing a breath.

Just like that, he pulls away. He winks at me, the mischief still in his eyes, "Still think I've lost my touch?"

He smirks, while I'm left tongue tied. Finally, I say, "No fair, you took me by surprise."

He laughs, the playfulness evident. "You're cute when you blush. It's good to know I have an affect on you."

Asshole.

❀ ❀ ❀

"Hey, I forgot my wallet—why do you look so flustered?" Thalia walks into our room.

Noah had left about five minutes ago, but I replayed the scene over and over in my head. How did he affect me so much? It couldn't possibly be just because he's attractive.