Chapter Forty Two

Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.-Markus Zusak, I Am the Messenger

Noah (1:20 am): I'm drunk and I love you.

Noah (1:47 am): I lovr you.

Me (1:50 am): I love you, too. I'm going to bed now, babe. Get home safe please.

Noah (1:52 am): dint go to bed. I miss tou.

Me (1:55 am): fine I'll stay up. It's too hard to say no to you.

Noah (1:56 am): thsnk you. I loce yoi.

Noah (2:00 am): disna?

Noah (2:08 am): wjy did you go hiome? I miss yio.

Noah (2:14 am): yoi felk asleep. Silly diana. Its ok I stull lovr ypu.

Noah (2:33 am): I'm sooo druink anmd I miss you doooo mucg.

Noah (2:47 am): Hinter puked.

Noah (3:05 am): alyxe is takung care od him. We Gucci.

Noah (3:12 am): I LUVE YIU

Noah (3:28 am): I'm guing to bwd. Luv you sp mich. camt wait to see you tomprow.

It tended to be a bad habit of mine to fall asleep immediately after texting someone saying that I am, indeed, awake. It seems as though Noah was the most recent victim of my awful habit.

Despite the fact that a lot of people find it annoying to wake up to drunk text messages from friends, I find it quite sweet. It is an unexpected, though welcoming, surprise to wake up to someone blowing up your phone telling you they love you. A lot of the time, drunk moments are the most authentic moments.

The second thing I noted was that Noah and I hadn't made plans for today, since I'm assuming he meant today when he said "tomorrow" at 3 am.

It's ten am and I figured Noah would still be passed out, but I call him anyway. Surprisingly, he picks up on the third ring.

"Hello?" He murmurs, his voice groggy from sleep. Was it bad that all I could think about was how hot his voice sounded right now?

"Noah? It's Diana." I chuckle, imagining the mess of a state Noah must be in right now.

"Hey, love," I could hear a smile in his voice. "God, I am so hung over. Did I do anything stupid last night? Oh fuck, we're still dating, right?"

"Unfortunately," I drawl with amusement. "You texted me saying you couldn't wait to see me. Did we make plans?"

There was a pause, "I think I was practicing asking you out. Guess I never actually did. You free today?"

"For you, always."

❀ ❀ ❀

Noah thought it would be a great idea for me to come over and cook dinner with him. I figured doing anything with Noah would be worth it.

Noah spent most of the morning after I had called him nursing his hang over. He told me he needed to make some arrangements but that I should come over for dinner. What he failed to mention was that there was no dinner prepared, and that I would have to help cook it.