Chapter Eleven

You've given me the one thing I've always wanted, a friend who likes me for me.-Trixie Tang, Fairly Odd Parents

The iconic duo that Diana and Noah are going as attached above :)

"How about Ross and Rachel?" I ask, lying down on his couch, completely bored. I couldn't even care less what we went as for Halloween, but Noah was being quite picky.

"Not differentiable enough," Noah dismisses. "Mario and Luigi?"

I frown. "Veto."

"Now we really sound like Ross and Rachel," Noah grins. "Beyoncé and Jay-Z?"

"That's a funny joke. No one can pull off Beyoncé and Jay-Z except Beyoncé and Jay-Z. Also didn't he cheat on her?"

"You're right, pretend I never said anything."

"Gladly."

"Hey, I'm just going to let Riley watch some TV," Harley walks through the front door, locking it after a young girl toddles in behind her. "I hope you guys don't mind."

"Go ahead," Noah pats the spot beside him. "Come here, Riley. What do you want to watch?"

Riley grins up at Noah, eyes shining bright. "Fairly Odd Parents."

"I didn't know you would be here, Diana," Harley greets me. "I'm babysitting for our neighbours. I just took Riley out to the park so she should be pretty worn out by now. Noah's really good with her; she loves him."

I glance beside me at the little girl and Noah. He is watching her fondly as she positions herself on his lap happily, telling him to change the channel. It is quite cute to watch.

"I'm going to take a quick shower," Harley tells Noah. "Do you mind watching her for a bit?"

"No problem." Noah nods, changing the channel to Fairly Odd Parents.

Harley quickly thanks her brother and runs upstairs. The familiar small boy with a pink hat and shirt appears on the TV, talking to Trixie Tang, his crush.

"Timmy and Trixie!" I exclaim like a revelation.

"Yes," Noah says slowly in a condescending manner. "That's Timmy Turner and Trixie Tang."

I roll my eyes. "I meant we should go as Timmy and Trixie. It's easy to do but recognizable and cute."

Noah smiles like a ray of sunshine. "We have a winner."

❀ ❀ ❀

Riley ended up being quite territorial with Noah. Every time we spoke, she would interrupt and grab his attention back to her. When this girl grows up, she will be real trouble with the boys. She knows how to get what she wants, even at the young age of seven.

Harley took her home at about seven o'clock, when her parents got home. After she left, I made Noah watch "To All The Boys I've Loved Before." Noah protested, but I guilt tripped him by saying that Riley took up all of his attention and time. He felt guilty even though I really didn't mind and found the two of them to be endearing.

"Peter Kavinsky is a goddamn dreamboat." I say for the hundredth time while watching the movie, sighing dramatically.

Noah squints at the TV. "He's not that great. I don't understand all the hype behind him."

"He's everything a girl wants."

"The bar must be in hell," Noah says nonchalantly. "I'm just saying, Troy Bolton wouldn't let anyone steal Gabriella's favourite scrunchie."