Chapter 50

UNEDITED...

Chapter 50.

The reception hall was abuzz with conversations and laughter, the glittering lights reflecting off the exquisite jewellery displays. Lee Ari and Min Jun walked in, their forced smiles barely masking the tension between them. As their daughter, Choi Su-jin, mingled with her friends, the couple greeted other prominent families. Each greeting was met with a polite response, but the conversations quickly moved on, leaving Lee Ari and Min Jun feeling isolated.

Min Jun, visibly annoyed by Lee Ari's presence, quickly separated from her. He grabbed a glass of wine from a passing waiter and whispered harshly, "Don't you want to hear them who already see you in a bad light?"

Lee Ari clenched her jaw, her eyes narrowing. She grabbed his arm, her sweet smile never wavering. "Better stay put and don't let people talk bad about your Choi Family," she threatened, trying to maintain their facade.

Min Jun shrugged off her grip and walked away, leaving her standing alone. Lee Ari stomped her foot in frustration before composing herself again. She scanned the room, her eyes flitting over the various displays of stunning jewelry.

And then she saw her.

Ae Cha stood on the other side of the room, elegantly dressed, exuding an air of confidence and grace. She was conversing with several notable figures, like the CEO of Sage, who seemed captivated by her presence.

Lee Ari's heart skipped a beat. She had been searching for Ae Cha, but seeing her here, surrounded by admiration and respect, made her blood boil. Without thinking, she turned to find Min Jun, her eyes darting around the crowded room. The last thing she needed was for him to see Ae Cha and cause a scene. Just as Lee Ari was about to move, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to see one of her acquaintances, who greeted her with a smile. Forced to engage in polite conversation, Lee Ari's frustration grew, her eyes constantly flicking back to where Ae Cha stood and immediately she saw the CEO of Sage walk away she rushed towards her prey Ae Cha.

Meanwhile, Min Jun had drifted towards the main display, examining the intricate designs of the jewelry. He was impressed despite himself, the craftsmanship and artistry evident in each piece. He took a sip of his wine, unaware of the drama unfolding around him.

Ae Cha was engaged in a conversation with Mr. Lu, who was explaining the evening's proceedings to her. "You'll be giving the keynote speech," he said, his voice filled with excitement. "Talk about the inspiration behind the new collection, the meticulous craftsmanship involved, and the company's vision of luxury. After that, we'll have a high-fashion runway show. The models will showcase the latest jewelry pieces, dressed in elegant gowns that complement the collection. They'll pause at various points so the photographers and guests can admire the jewelry up close."

Ae Cha nodded thoughtfully as Mr. Lu spoke, mentally rehearsing her speech. After a few minutes, Mr. Lu excused himself to use the restroom. Ae Cha remained in her corner, deep in thought, when she suddenly felt a rough grip on her shoulder. Startled, she turned sharply to see who dared to grab her so aggressively.

Standing before her was someone she once despised, someone who now only elicited pity in her. Ae Cha's elegant brow arched as she took in the sight of her twin sister, Lee Ari. Unlike Ae Cha's refined composure, Lee Ari's face was twisted with barely concealed rage. For a moment, Ae Cha felt relieved that they weren't identical twins. She couldn't bear the thought of sharing a face with such a manipulative and deceitful person.

"Can I help you?" Ae Cha asked softly, tucking a loose strand of her black hair behind her ear. Her calm demeanor only served to infuriate Lee Ari more.

Lee Ari couldn't believe her eyes. Her sister looked younger and more beautiful than she remembered. There were barely any wrinkles on her face, and her skin was smooth and radiant. Ae Cha's eyes were bright and clear, a stark contrast to Lee Ari's own appearance, which showed the toll of years of stress and bitterness. Though they were both 45, Lee Ari felt she looked much older, like she was in her late fifties. This disparity only fueled her anger and jealousy.

"How did someone like you get in here? Who let you in?" Lee Ari's voice was filled with contempt as she tried to assert some semblance of control over the situation.

Ae Cha's smile widened, a picture of serene confidence. "What kind of question is that?" she replied, her voice calm and measured. She elegantly placed her manicured pink nails on the eye-catching sapphire pendant around her neck, tapping it softly. "You always were one to throw a tantrum when things didn't go your way, weren't you?"

Lee Ari's face flushed with anger. The soft tapping of Ae Cha's nails seemed to echo her rising frustration. "Don't act so high and mighty. You have no right to be here."

"Oh, is that so?" Ae Cha's eyes sparkled with amusement. "And what about you?" Her voice was as cool as ice, yet it carried the weight of years of unspoken truths.

At that moment, Ae Cha's poised demeanor contrasted sharply with Lee Ari's barely contained fury. Ae Cha's presence radiated an inner strength and confidence that only came from overcoming hardships, while Lee Ari's insecurities and past actions seemed to manifest in her haggard appearance.

The scene caught the attention of nearby guests. The contrast between the two women was stark: one calm, collected, and elegant; the other angry and frustrated. People edged closer, curiosity piqued by the evident tension.

"So, what about me?" Lee Ari's voice grew louder, losing the decorum expected at such an event. "I am the legal wife of the Choi family, and you are just a mistress!"

Kim Ae-Cha chuckled softly, her every move exuding grace. "Oh, darling sister, and this makes you proud?"

"What?" Lee Ari's voice was laced with disbelief. She had expected her words to sting, to cut deep, but they seemed to slide off Ae-Cha like water off a duck's back. She banked on the fact that everyone knew her as Min Jun's wife, but it was having no effect.

"I don't remember interviewing you nor asking for your resume, because in fact, that has nothing to do with me," Kim Ae-Cha responded, her tone dismissive. Public confrontations weren't her style, and she was searching for an exit from this drama.

"You..." Lee Ari began, but Kim Ae-Cha interrupted her with a pointed look.

"Don't you think the past two decades should have been enough for you to become an adult? Anyway, if you will excuse me, I have something to do," she said, her tone final.

Kim Ae-Cha turned on her heel, leaving Lee Ari fuming and speechless. The crowd around them began to whisper, the confrontation providing fresh gossip for the night. As Ae-Cha walked away, the air around her seemed to shimmer with a newfound confidence. She had faced her past head-on and emerged stronger, leaving her sister behind in a whirl of elegance and poise.

Lee Ari stood there, the weight of her words hanging in the air, feeling the sting of her sister's indifference.

A/N: Thank you guys, I am better now so I hope you enjoyed the drama.

Quick Question: Don't you just love her elegance?