9 // She's back

Natasha Romanoff POV

It has been 3 weeks ever since I was in coma. Ever since i woke up, my head hurt alot. Even up till now. The doctor said that I suffered minor loss of my memory but I would progressively remember them.

Okay,so there's this cute guy called Clint, and everyone says he's my boyfriend, even Pepper said so. The thing is, I could not remember having a boyfriend but now its all kind of coming back to me. Flashbacks of me and him spending time together, cuddling up in bed, would occasionally run through my mind. I would feel confused at times, but sometimes it all feels so right. Maybe he was my boyfriend after all.

I really wish I could get my memory back fast because I feel bad for Clint. He's rarely turns up for meetings and missions ,like something's happened to him. I still remember how disheartened he looked when I told him I could not remember having a boyfriend 3 weeks ago. He was about to burst into tears. I felt kinda guilty though, but I had to be honest and tell him the truth.

I decided to look for him to explain things out. I took a cool and refreshing shower and threw on a basic white tee and threw on a black hoodie jacket because it was freezing outside. I wore a pair of black skinny jeans and slipped on a pair of high cut maroon converse and headed out. I drove my car to Clint's place.

I reached his place in a few minutes as we lived just a stone's throw away. I knocked on the door and waited for Clint to show up. A few moments later, a guy with messy blonde hair opened the door. He had his eyes still closed and had eye bags. He yawned and looked like he just woke up after sleeping for days.

"Hello, um, I'm looking for Clint. Clint Barton." I said.

"Um yes thats me." He said, but this time his eyes slowly widened.

"NAT....NATASHA ?NAT? IS THAT YOU? HAVE YOU REGAINED YOUR MEMORY BACK?" He asked, almost spitting saliva and shouting in my face.

I laughed. I didn't want to disappoint him but I had to be honest. I sadly shook my head and his happiness written on his face instantly evolved into disappointment.
I felt bad.

"Hey, um can I come in? If you don't mind?" I asked.

"Um yeah yeah sure, sorry." He said, welcoming me in his house.

This place looks very familiar. I mumbled to myself as I walked in.
I must have said it too loud because almost immediately, Clint shouted, "WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY? YOU REMEMBER THIS PLACE?" I laughed at his hysterical response and nodded my head.
He was cute.

"Well, yeah kinda." I said, breaking the silence.

"Oh hahaha, you um ...used to stay here with me." He said, sounding quite sad.

"Ohh, so thats why I occasionally have flashbacks about us together here." I said smiling, hoping to make him feel better.

"Really? Yeah, we used to have lots of fun here. Together." He said with a pause.

There was an awkward silence but then suddenly he said, "Nat? I..i want to tell you something. This may sound cheesy but no matter whether you regain your memory or not, I'll always be here for you. I'll would love to listen to your rants or anything. And if there's anything bothering you, I'll be listening." He said, smiling.

And now, I finally get it why he was my boyfriend.

"Sure. Thank you um BirdBoy. You're really sweet. " I said smirking at him.

"Hahaha really glad that you've regained part of your memory. And no problem." He smiled from ear to ear.

Then suddenly he slowly moved towards me. Soon enough, he smashed his lips against mine. Fireworks sparked in our mouths like explosives. This kiss felt special and different.