18 // The Truth

Clint Barton POV

Nat's eyes were darting around. She was in cold sweat, as if she did something guilty.

"Nat? What's wrong?" I asked, worried as she looked anxious. I placed a hand on her face, wiping a drop of sweat away. She sat up straight, she then held my hand with hers. She took a deep breath.

"Natasha? Wh..what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked once more.

"Clint...there's something I need to be honest about with you. I don't want to keep any secrets from you, but promise me that you won't hate me or leave me after what i'm about to say. Yes. You can get angry, but please don't leave me. Promise?" She asked, raising her right pinky up.

"Nat....of course. I'll love you, forever and always, what's in the past is in the past. No one's perfect. We all make mistakes. I'll promise I'll never leave you. Now come on, tell me what happened. " I said, my pinky intertwined with hers.

She smiled weakly and then sighed soon after.

"Okay...um remember that time during Steve's party?" She asked, guilt could be seen written on her face.

"Yeah...why?" I asked.

"Uh...ugh I don't know how to say it..." A tear suddenly came rolling down her face.

"Its okay Nat, take your time. I'm listening. You trust me right?" I smiled at her, and kissed her cheek.

She nodded.

"Okay so at the party, when you were with Bruce...Steve came up to me and we started talking." She finally said.

"Mhmm. Go on." I said, listening close.

She sighed once more.

"When we were talking, he uh..h...he suddenly came close to me...he started leani-" I interrupted her sentence.

"Its okay. I understand. You kissed him right?" I asked, my heart feeling heavy.

"Y..yes..no. Clint. It's not what you think. I didn't. When he leaned in,  I um...i leaned in abit but I pulled back. I didn't kiss him at all. I felt that it wasn't fair to you at all. I'm being taunted by this. I can't keep this anymore. I feel really really bad. I swear I didn't kiss him at all. Clint, please trust me." She pleaded with tears in her eyes.

So thats what made her feel this way when I told her that we'll be having a mission with the Avengers.
Well, I already promised her that I won't leave her.

But it really hurt me inside.

It felt like a million arrows had been shot straight in my heart.

But the thing is, why did Nat lean in?

"Wow. Haha. Thanks for being honest with me." I said, smiling weakly although it hurts. My heart felt heavy.

"Clint....I'm sorry. I really am." Nat hung her head low and apologized.

"Its okay. I just need to ask you something. Why did you lean in?" I asked, looking at her.

"I really don't know, Clint. I just... I-...I really have no idea. Clint, my heart only belongs to you. I didn't kiss him.
I swear. Please trust me." She said, crying.

I let out a weak sigh.

I trust her and I believe that she didn't kiss him. But...why did she lean in? Was she drunk? Was she aware of the situation? Well, at least Nat was honest enough, I'll forgive and forget then.

"Okay then. I trust you." I said, holding her hand, smiling.

"Clint....aren't you mad at me?" She asked, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

I grabbed her other hand and pulled them close to me. I pulled her to me and hugged her tightly. She sobbed into my chest.

"Yes. Yes I'm mad, but I trust you. So I believe that you didn't kiss him. Although I don't know why you leaned in, I trust you. So I'll forgive you. Now, stop crying." I said, planting a kiss on her hand.

"I'm so sorry Clint. I really am. I feel really bad. Thank you for trusting me. Clint." She said, wiping the tears from her eyes. Finally, a smile was on her face.

"That's my girl." I smiled.

"But Clint, can I make up for what I've done? I feel really bad if I don't." She said, her head hung low.

"Hmm....what shall you do?" I said, smirking.

"Anything." She said.

"Fine. If you say so." I said, smirking at her once more.

She nodded.

"M....make me a sandwich." I finally blurted out, smiling widely with eyes opened wide, looking like a 8 year old boy whose mom promised to get his favourite toy.

She just stared at me, speechless.

"What? I'm hungry okay." I said, laughing.

She started laughing too.

"Oh Clint. Guess I'm stuck with a hungry boyfriend." She said, still laughing.

"Yes. Yes you are. And you should be really honored you know." I said.

She giggled.

"Fine. As long as I make up for it and you're happy, I'll do it." She said, smiling as she left the room.

Natasha Romanoff POV

Phew! Thank God for such a forgiving and loving boyfriend. Now, I've gotta make a sandwich to make it up.

I grabbed 2 slices of bread, popped it in the toaster because I know Clint likes his bread to be toasted. While waiting for the bread to be done, I took the can of tuna and opened it with the can opener.

After doing so, I took the packet of bacon from the fridge. Then, I placed it on the table.

"Ding!!" The toaster went.

I placed the toasted bread on a plate. Carefully, I put 2 pieces of Clint's favorite bacon on a slice of bread.  I then spread the tuna on the other slice. After that, I placed the slices of bread together and put it on the plate. 

"CLINT!! THE SANDWICH IS READY!!!" I shouted from the kitchen.

Moments later, Clint came running down.

"OH MY GOD IS THAT MY FAVOURITE TUNA AND BACON SANDWICH?!?!" He exclaimed, with his mouth opened.

I nodded and laughed.

"OH MY. NATASHA YOU'RE THE BEST!!! I HAVEN'T EATEN THAT IN AGES!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU!" He exclaimed once more as he took a huge bite.

I giggled.

"Mmm. That was good." He said, taking another bite.

I walked towards the table and took a seat.

"Haha thank you Clint. Glad you liked it. By the way, how's your hand?" I asked.

He chewed and then swallowed his food before answering.

"Well, its getting better." Clint said, once again taking a bite.

"Good to hear then." I said.

"Thanks for the sandwich, Nat. Its really good." He said, taking a last bite.

"You're most welcome." I smiled.

"Wanna go watch Lucy and cuddle? I heard Scarlett Johansson is in it. Her acting's pretty good." I suggested.

"Sure." Clint said as he took my hand as we went back to the room.

A/N : 👋 Hey guys!! I hope you liked this chapter 🌸😋
I recently got Funko Pop figurines of Clint!! Omg its so cute 😭❤️
Anyways, have a great week ahead!! 💖😊✨

Clintasha : a different love storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें