26 // Starbucks with Steve

Natasha Romanoff POV

I woke up on the bed, feeling sick. I had a splitting headache, a bad fever and I had a sore throat. It must be because of yesterday.

Argh. Thinking about this afternooon made me feel like throwing up.

I felt terrible. I cannot let this affect me. And my relationship with Clint.

B..but he kissed her...

I slowly got out of bed as my body was aching. It felt as if I was at war yesterday. My joints, muscles and bones were in pain.

I slowly opened the door and limbed to the bathroom.

After minutes of struggling with the toothbrush, I finally finished. I went back to my room, closed the door and sat on the bed.

I had no appetite at all. I wasn't even hungry.
I checked my phone to see what time it was.

'20:58 , Tuesday'

It was still Tuesday. Argh. I don't think I can sleep for another seven more hours, I had no idea what to do. I decided it was best if I met up with a friend over a cup of coffee.

I went through my contact list to see if I could find anyone to meet up with.

'Steve-Language-Rogers'

I laughed at that silly contact name Clint typed for me that day. Argh. Clint again. I should stop thinking about him for now. Okay back to Steve. Ever since the incident, we haven't really talked much. It's time to catch up with him. I pressed the button and waited for him to answer.

"Hello? Natasha? Is everything alright?"

"Hey Steve. Yeah I'm fine. Uh...are you free right now? Wanna get a cup of coffee?"

"Yeah....sure. Anything's fine. You sure you're alright? You sound sick."

"Oh, yeah. Kind of. Okay stop nagging old man, I'll meet you at Starbucks, 9:15 alright?"

"Yeah sure. See you."

I changed into a sweatshirt and some leggings. I combed my red hair and headed out. I grabbed my keys, wallet and slipped on my Converse shoes.

On the way out, I saw Clint sleeping on the couch, with no pillows or blanket. It was a chilly night and he was not covered. It hurt me to see him like this, but then I recalled what had happened yesterday. I brushed those thoughts off and went out.

I decided to take a stroll to Starbucks since I haven't walked there for a long time and it was a great weather to take a walk.

The cool wind blowing against my face, was the best feeling right now. It felt as if all my body aches and fever was gone.

Soon, I reached Starbucks and saw a tall man, wearing a blue hoodie jacket, black jeans and a beige baseball cap with some nerdy glasses seating down on a chair outside the shop.

It must be Steve.

"Hey nerd." I said as I grabbed a seat opposite him.

"Hey Natasha. When will you ever stop calling me names?" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Wanna get a drink? My treat." I said as I took my wallet out.

"Oh no. I'm not letting you pay. I'll treat you instead. What do you want?" He offered.

"Okay fine then, Mr Nice Guy, a iced venti caramel macchiato. Thanks Steve." I said as he nodded his head and entered the shop.

I was thinking about the incident. I couldn't believe it, but I saw it with my very own eyes. H...he..was kissing..her.

"Hey Natasha?" Steve interrupted my trail of thoughts.

He passed me my drink and asked if I was alright.

"Yeah, I was thinking about something that happened between me and Clint." I said, stirring my drink.

"Oh...I see. Everything okay with you guys now?" He asked, concerned.

"Well, I'm not really sure. Will you be able to keep this as a secret? I feel that I should get this off my chest. I trust you." I asked him.

"Yeah, of course. My lips are sealed." He said, drinking his coffee.

"Okay so this morning, around 11, Clint's ex appeared at our doorstep." I said.

Steve almost choked on his drink.

"H..his ex? You weren't his first?" He asked.

"Well, apparently." I replied back.

"This is why I don't like to get into relationships. It's complicated. Okay, sorry. Carry on." He said.

I chuckled as I continued explaining to him.

- after explaining everything -

"So, now Clint's probably still sleeping on the couch." I said.

"Wow. But I doubt Clint would be that type of guy. I mean, if it's Stark, it's normal, but this is Clint. He wouldn't have done that, would he?" Steve asked.

"Well, that was what I thought too. But I saw it with my very own eyes." I told him.

"Hmm..let's see. I trust that Clint isn't that kind of guy, so let's just say that he didn't do it." He stated.

"Okay then, if he wasn't doing that, what could he be doing that looks like he was kissing her?" I asked.

"Well, maybe it was the angle." He said.

"The angle? Of what?" I asked.

"Perhaps the angle where Clint was doing something else looked as if he was kissing her?" He said.

"Hm..that might be true. Maybe she had something in her eye?" I suggested, hoping it was true.

"Yeah, maybe." He said.

"But then why did he have to open the door for her and let her in? He could have just said no and then none of this would have happened." I said, feeling angry again.

"Well Natasha, based on what you said, I'm sure he just wanted to talk to her. Maybe catch up with her? Like what we're doing now. Or if you think otherwise, which I think you do, you should sit down with him and talk this out. Then you guys can clarify things and it'll be back to normal." He said, smiling.

"Wow..that was helpful.Thanks. A lot. I knew I could count on you, Steve." I smiled, feeling grateful for a friend like Steve.

"No problem, Natasha. You can always come to me for help, well if you want." He said, finishing his drink.

"Sure thing, Counselor Rogers." I teased him once again.

We both laughed and finished our drinks.

"Thanks once again, and see you around." I said, heading home, ready to ask Clint what really happened.