24 // Surprise

Natasha Romanoff POV

I gasped as I saw Fury lying motionlessly on the floor. He called Clint and I to come, and sounded serious, but all we saw was him collapsed on the floor?

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Who would have done this?

"Clint....what do we do....?" I stuttered, still shock over Fury's body lying on the ground.

"I...i don't know. Call Coulson?" He suggested as he took his phone out.

I nodded as I looked around for clues.
I scanned through every corner of the room and tried to find clues that the person who was behind this left. Then, I saw a file on his table. I walked closer to the table to get a better look.

It had a piece of paper attached to it. It had red stains on it. I took a closer look and realised that it wasn't any ordinary stain.

It was...blood. It was still wet, meaning that the incident took place not too long ago. I signaled Clint to come to tell him about this as soon as he ended the call with Coulson.

"What did Coulson say?" I asked.

"He said that he'll be coming, together with some medics." He informed me.

I nodded.

"This blood stain is dry. So it means that it has been here for a while already." I said.

He nodded his head in agreement.

Suddenly, he pointed out," Hey look! There's a syringe on the floor, near his left hand!"

I walked closer and saw it. I took a ziplock bag from my pouch that I had carried and carefully placed the syringe in it.

"Why did he leave the evidence behind? Was it intentional? Or was he in a rush and forgot to destroy the evidence?" I asked.

"Well, there's only one way to find out. The CCTV in this office." He said.

We walked over to the control room and played back the recording in Fury's office. After minutes of thorough searching, we finally found it.

"You know him?" Clint asked as he paused the recording at the point where the culprit's face could be seen.

I looked carefully at his face. He looked like someone I saw before.

"He looks like someone I saw once." I said.

"Really? Where? How come I don't know who this guy is?" He asked.

"I..i don't know." I stuttered.

Staring intently at the picture, I tried to recollect any incident or memory of this guy, or well, the guy who this guy looks like. Since Clint had no recollection of who this guy is, I think I might have met him in a mission I did before, without Clint. I thought hard of any mission I did without Clint. My head hurt from all this thinking.

Suddenly, I remembered. That mission in Sydney, Australia. That damn mission, where Clint...got shot.

"I remember now!! There was this one time where we had this mission in Sydney and you got shot so you went back first." I said.