31 // Mrs Barton

Clint Barton POV

After watching Kingsman : The Golden Circle, it was already 5:28pm. Nat, as usual, fell asleep and is leaning on my shoulder. I planted a kiss on her head as I wrapped my arms around her. I closed my eyes and embraced this moment. I love her so much and I don't think I could ever live without her at all.

Suddenly I felt a kiss on my arm. I opened my eyes to see her looking at me. And in that moment, all I could ever think of was how lucky and blessed I am for having her by my side.

"What'cha thinking about?" She asked as she ran her fingers through my hair.
"About how lucky I am have you by my side." I said, staring at her jade green eyes.
She rolled her eyes and giggled. "Really? Since when did you become so sweet?"
"Hey I meant it okay. I really am blessed to have you by my side. I don't know if I ever say this enough, but thank you for sticking with me and always being there for me. Really. I mean it. I don't know if I can ever live without you. I love you, Natasha Romanoff." I leaned towards her and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too, Clint Barton. Thank you for everything too." A smiled formed on her face as we hugged each other tightly.

"Trust me I wouldn't want to ruin the moment but its approaching 6. We gotta get changed and head to Stark Tower. We have a surprise for you." I say, pulling back from the hug.

Raising her eyebrow, she asked, "Who's we?"

"I..meant I have a surprise for you."

She rolled her eyes and got out of bed.

"You know Clint, you really suck at surprising people." She said as she headed to the toilet, not looking back.

"Fuck." I whispered underneath my breath.

I removed my clothes and got changed. Just as I was about to leave the room, I spotted something at the pillow. Moving closer, I realised that I had forgotten the maroon velvet box. I immediately grabbed it and placed it in my pocket. That was close.

Natasha Romanoff POV

Once we got out of the car, we headed to the tower. As soon as we exited the lift, we were speechless.

Everything was clad in black, well not everything, there were few splashes of red here and there.
"Wow Clint. You... did this?" I asked while still fascinated by the set up.
"Uh...not really"

We continued walking further until we saw what looked like smoke. But there was no burning smell. So a fog machine was probably nearby or something. I looked up to see a full moon backdrop with some fake flying bats and spiders attached by a string. And of course, the spiders had my signature red pattern on their backs.

Clint was just as intrigued as I was, staring at the decorations. Looking around, I saw white strings that appeared to look like cobwebs next to some dimly litted lights.

"Damn these decorations are pretty sick." Clint said.
"Wait you didn't do them?" I asked, looking at him.
"No, of course not. It was T-"

"Bruce and I did it." A familiar voice came outta nowhere that interrupted Clint.
"Whoops..I spoiled the surprise didn't I?" The voice could be heard again, this time followed by a shadow. With the bad lighting, all I could see was a shadow moving.

Tony appeared behind the counter and suddenly there was a loud exclaimation, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATASHA!!"  Steve, Pepper, Bruce, Coulson came from behind too and walked towards me. I was smiling from ear to ear as I hugged them. It had been long since I last saw them.