30 // "birthday s-"

Natasha Romanoff POV

I got woken up by someone constantly poking my right arm. Thinking that I was dreaming, I closed my eyes and went back to sleep. But the poking didn't stop. I rolled my eyes and turned around, to see Clint smiling widely, poking my arm, still.

"Wh-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!" He shouted even before I could say a word. He opened both arms widely and pulled me to him. Still sleepy, I didn't notice that he wasn't wearing a shirt til I felt his cold chest against my face.

"Thanks Clint, you're the best. But...where's your shirt?" I asked, still hugging him.

"Who needs shirts?" He said, hugging me tighter.

"Hmm....something seems weird. You usually wear a shirt..."

"Since you're so bothered by me being half-naked, I'll go grab a sh-"

"It's okay....I'm enjoying the view...It's not something I can see everyday...ya'know...." I said, giggling as I looked at his well-defined abs.

"Well..you know you can ask...right?" He said in a mischievous tone.

I pulled back from the hug, but fingers running through his messy hair. We gazed into each other's eyes, not looking away. It was perfect, laying in bed with Clint.....shirtless, the weather was perfect too. There wasn't any mission, there wasn't any worries. I was free. Free from troubles. Free from my past. I wished this moment could last forever.

"So....what are gonna do today?" I asked.

"Well, it's your day. You choose. But from 6, I'll choose." He said in a stern voice.

"Sounds great. I can't wait for 6 to come." I smirked him.

He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"But really, what do you wanna do now?" He asked.

"Hmm...I really have no idea. What do people usually do on their birthdays? What would you do?" I ask Clint.

"Glad you asked. Well.....I would prefer some birthday s-"

"Oh hell no." I said in his face.

"What? Oh wait....hat were you thinking? I meant some birthday surprises. Jeez. Someone's dirty minded, huh?" He said, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh...uh....y-yeah. Surprises. Birthday surprises...." I stuttered.

"But I can surprise you with something rather....surprising..." He said, slowly leaning in.

From inches to centimeters apart, we were so close, but yet so far. His lips hovering against mine, he said, "I love you, Natasha." Then his lips were on mine. There was no distance between us. He went gentle on me and his hand was on my neck, while his other hand was on my back, pulling me closer to him.

There wasn't any sort of fireworks in our mouths. It was....more gentle. More romantic.

Lips not away from mine, he tugged my shirt. He wanted it off. I pulled back, removed it and our lips were locked again.

I bit on his lower lip and earned a small moan from him. He tried tickling me but he was too slow. I grabbed his hand and intertwined it with mine.

Without any thoughts or worries, I pulled him on top of me, wrapping my legs around his waist. Clint chuckled as he started kissing my neck.

It's your turn, Clint. I tugged his shorts this time, but he suddenly pulled away. He got off me and rolled to the side. He was smiling widely and shaking his head at the same time. "Nope. Not now. Let's save it for later shall we? Let's save the best for last." He winked as he kissed my forehead, leaving me speechless. "You cunning little bird boy." I teased as I playfully kicked his ass.

"Hey! Who was the one who said 'Oh hell no' just now?"

I rolled my eyes as he started laughing.

"And not everything about me is little, okay. You'll find out later." He smirked as he got out of bed and grabbed a shirt.

I started bursting into laughter. I somehow couldn't seem to stop laughing.

"Oh c'mon, is it that  funny?" He said as he looked in the mirror.

"Yeah, especially the way you said it." I said, still laughing at him.

"Ha Ha. Very funny. I'll let you off today because it's your birthday, but not next time."

"Yes, Mr Barton." I teased as I got out of bed, heading to the bathroom.

Clint Barton POV

It's 8 in the morning. There's 10 more hours to the party. I wonder how's the rest. I took my phone and called Tony. After a few seconds of waiting, he finally answered.

"Hello? Tony? How's everything?" I asked.

"It's...uh...going great. Yep. Everything's fin-TONY! THE TOWER ON FIRE!" Someone yelled across, which I suppose was Bruce.

"WHAT? TONY THE WHAT IS ON FIRE?" I shouted into the phone, feeling so tempted to go to the Tower and shoot Tony in the balls with an arrow.

"It's just a small matter, birdie. I'll get Dum-E to extinguish it. Ta-da! Problem solved." He said.

He has no idea how much I want to shave his stupid beard off and throw all his darn scotch away.

"The tower better not look burnt, or yo-"

"Or you'll do one of your Katniss Everdeen-bow-and-arrow-thing on me? ....I'm kidding. Yes, the tower will not look burnt. But after all, it's not as if Natasha can see it. The tower's gonna be all black and spooky." He said.

"Fine. But if you screw up one more time, say goodbye to your scotch bottles."

"Yes birdie. Is there anything else..... because Dum-E is not really co-operating and Bruce is getting kinda angry...-AND I GOTTA GO BYE." Those were the last words before that idiot hung up on me.

I sighed to myself as I hung up and kept my phone.

"Hey who was that?" Nat said from behind.

I turned behind only to see Nat drying her hair with her towel.

"Someone.....for me to know and for you to find out." I said, winking at her.

"Fine. So what are our plans for the day, Mr Barton?"

"Do you wanna stay at home or do you wanna go out?" I asked her.

"Hmm...how about we stay at home first and just maybe cuddle....til we find something to do?" She suggested.

"Sure. It's been long since we actually sat down and cuddle actually." I said as I walked towards her.

A sweet smile formed on her face perfectly. Her big jade green eyes were staring at me as I came closer. She looked like an angel that was sent to protect me. Everyone sees her as the deadly 'Black Widow' but all I see is the love of my life. Soon, I was not too far away from her. She placed both her hands on my neck as I held hers. We stared at each other lovingly. No words said at all. She looked so perfect, I could stare at her all day.

"Hey! You blinked!" Nat's sudden exclamation gave me a heart attack.

"Oh come on! You ruined the moment! You were so perfect and I was staring at y-" Then suddenly she placed her finger on my lips and interrupted me.

"Shhh, let's keep the sweet talking for later, alright? Let's save the best for last."

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head as her finger was still on my lips.

"Why don't you go and choose a movie for us to watch first while I prepare the snacks?" She asked, removing her finger from my lips. Swiftly, I caught hold of her hand and kissed it.

"Sure, birthday girl." I smiled widely at her.

"Thanks BirdBoy." She smirked as she went to the kitchen.

As soon as she entered the kitchen, I ran to the bed and immediately took the small maroon velvet box out from my pocket and placed it under my pillow. I turned around to see if she was behind. She wasn't here yet. I heaved a sigh of relief. I got up, sat on the bed and chose a movie for us to watch. So that was how being a spy felt like.