Checking In With Kazer - And 2 Flashbacks to the Past

Meanwhile, in the Luzhniki Small Sports Arena, Jonathan Toews was tied up to a chair, as was Patrick Kane and they were set back-to-back. They were placed at center ice and locked on the rink.

"Patrick, is this the end?" Jonathan questioned.

"I don't know. They told me that they need one last ingredient and that they were disappointed with how the NHL has become an offensive heavy league."

"But hockey is about skill and fun!"

"They don't think so. They like the grit and the nastiness."

Jonathan struggled, pulling at the ropes holding his wrists together. He gave a valiant effort for a straight minute, before he gave up and threw his head back, gazing up at the JumboTron.

"Where are you Black Hawk?" he muttered to himself. "I need your help!"

"Jonny, if this is the end, I want you to know that I'm sorry about pretending to hate you, I really love you. I think you are the greatest person in the world. You are the best Captain in the NHL and an extremely talented player. I couldn't have asked for a better person to be sharing my career and NHL experience with."

"Awe, same here, Kaner."

"So who's Black Hawk?" Patrick asked, trying to turn his head to see his friend, who he was sure was trying to do the same thing.

"Oh, um, she's a friend."

"C'mon Jonny, I know you too well. Who is she? I know she's a she? Is she your girlfriend?"

"Actually she is!"

And with that, he launched into a story. He wasn't afraid to tell Patrick about her and he hoped maybe his story would trigger the blond's memory. If not, he'd try another one. He had to remember her, he had been there when he'd been saved and she had even saved him a few times too.

****

Operation #1: JumboTron Trouble (Canuck)

2010

One of the green men of the Vancouver Canucks (and a known adversary and supervillain named Canuck) had grabbed Jonathan Toews by the collar of his shirt and held him over the side of the JumboTron in the Vancouver arena, threatening to drop him over the side to his death. The poor centre was screaming and trying desperately not to panic and lose his cool, which was near impossible to do given the circumstance.

The Blackhawks had just bested the Canucks on their home ice and there had been a massive line brawl that had been instigated by the fourth liners. A lot of the fans in Vancouver were furious, and well, the Blackhawk Captain had scored a hat trick on them and the last one was the game winner. Apparently Canuck wasn't exactly pleased with this.

"Black Hawk, somebody, help!!" Jonathan screamed.

Evelyn looked upward in horror as she saw her favorite hockey player and childhood friend dangling over the side. He was wearing a simple gray t-shirt and jeans. He'd apparently just changed out of his hockey equipment and uniform and had thrown something on. His hair was shockingly not as messy as it could have been. It had the right amount of mess to it that Evelyn liked.

"Canuck, let him go!"

"Poor choice of words don't you think, Black Hawk!"

Her wings flapped behind her, as Jonathan Toews screamed in distress again. "Don't make me come up there. Put him down on the JumboTron! NOW!! His team won fair and square!"

"Now why would I ever do something like that? Do you think I am stupid Hawkette?"

"It's Black Hawk, not Hawkette!" the redhead snarled. "Now let him go!"