Jonny Has Superpowers?? - Whoa, Didn't See That Coming, Right?

There was a sudden pause in time, before Jonathan glowed brightly, burning the ropes off of his wrists and ankles. He got to his feet, standing there with a pair of black hawk-like wings protruding from his back like Evelyn had. His were longer in length and resembled more of an angelic type, but they were feathery and black and very hawk-like.

Then he launched out of the bench area and grabbed Patrick out of the air, just as Kaleta let him go. He scooped him up into his arms and flew him to safety, landing on the chunk of island ice.

Evelyn gasped. "Jonny? You're--!"

"What the--?!" Kaleta began.

"You're a fool, Kaleta!" Jonathan spoke, as he lifted his head up. His eyes glowed a brilliant fiery orangish-red color.

Evelyn was shocked, amazed and confused. She watched as Jonathan set Patrick safely on the ice. He cut Val free as well and then faced Kaleta, who was irate on the bench. He lifted his head up and opened his mouth, a deep hawk-like screech came from him and he transformed into an actual black hawk. He flapped his wings blocking Kaleta's possible telepathy/telekinesis bullets toward him and Patrick.

The one thing implanted in his mind was "Save Kaner!" And he was doing just that...or attempting to.

Suddenly, Jonathan's beak opened and instead of screeching like a hawk, a steady stream of burning fire blasted out. He was a fire-breathing hawk creature!!

"You're not getting to Kaner!" the centerman snapped, as he flew forward and began to peck at Kaleta, who went into panic/defend mode, swatting at him. He dropped his shield that he'd mentally put up and Evelyn helped Jonathan out, by joining the act.

Kaleta fought them both, but two hawks against an evil mastermind actually had the advantage. Jonathan managed to bite Kaleta's skin on his arm and then they both picked him up by his arms and carried him out of the bench and over to the pit. They let him go and he shot downward, vanishing from sight.

They turned to each other, lit up with energy and victorious celebration, before the hawk suddenly fainted in the air. It or he turned back into human Jonathan and he fell downward, but Evelyn reacted quickly and caught him, placing him back onto the ice chunk, with Val and Patrick.

"What-what happened?" Jonathan moaned, touching his head in pain, as he was released from Evelyn's grip.

"Sweetie, you turned into a hawk! You saved Patrick!"

"I saved Kaner?" He rotated around to look at his unconscious teammate and then reality struck him. He crawled over and grabbed Patrick's head in his own. "I didn't save Kaner! He's dead."

"No he's not."

"KISS HIM JONNY!!" Brooke's voice echoed toward them in a teasing way.

Evelyn glanced at her, to see that she had finally managed to conquer Brawler, twisting her sword into him. I won't go into much grotesque detail here, but Brawler was definitely dead now thanks to Brooke. Kelly, meanwhile, had managed to entrap Vanek in her fire streamer and was skip-dancing around him, flicking her wand about happily and laughing at him like a little kid taunting their enemy or a bully.

The heroine smirked. They had won!

But what about Val and Patrick? And if Jonathan had superpowers now...Evelyn and Jonathan were pretty much history, things would change between them...so what would happen to them?

Evelyn looked at Jonathan, who was...actually kissing Patrick, - on the lips- attempting to wake him up. Her nose wrinkled up in disgust and her wings began to flutter with jealousy, but she shoved her distaste for the situation away. Jonathan got so frustrated that he started to glow red and orange like flame-light. Evelyn pulled him back, so he didn't burn Patrick. "Easy Jonny, you'll really kill him!" she scolded.