Jonathan and Patrick's Secret - The Real Truth

Flashback

The story continued, picking up where it had left off on the JumboTron, with Kaleta talking to Strum. It had advanced to later in the talk, with both smirking at one another and almost seeming like two good, evil friends.

"So, listen, Strum, I was thinking, instead of going after Malkin and uh, "whacking" him...maybe you can do a little something for me."

"Like?"

"I got two better players in mind who could be whacked."

"Who?"

Kaleta was grinning dastardly. "Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews."

"Kane and Toews?"

"Chicago Blackhawks."

"And why are they of any importance?"

"Because, they--" Kaleta began.

"Wait, you said Kane and Toews? Kane...as in Patrick Kane?" Strum asked, waving his hands about the air as though fending off a large fly.

"Yeah, you know him."

"Oh, not personally but the Mafia does. That drunken Kanerboo," Strum spat. "When that American was in Sochi, Russia for the Olympics he dialed the Mafia and teased us, thinking it was okay. We tried to go after him, but by the time we got close, he was flying back to the safety of the states."

"He got away from the Mafia?" Kaleta questioned, rather shocked that someone had actually escaped the grand Mafia, even the Russian Mafia.

"Yeah, but maybe, if you are trustworthy enough, you can join me and help us out..."

"Perhaps we could find Kane and capture him and torment him, right?"

"Right. The Mafia doesn't fail to carry out their missions. We are not kidding around." Strum hit his fist into his palm to simulate a pounding motion.

"Then I'm with you. We can team up and take him down together. And I think I have some friends who can help out too. John Scott, a big goon, who might come in handy and Thomas Vanek, a newer guy, but feisty and all villain (and plus he's a hater of the Blackhawks)."

"I like it. I'd love to meet these people. And then I can bring it up to the main man in charge." Strum grinned, as he slapped Kaleta on the back.

"And who's that?"

"I cannot reveal that, Kaleta."

"True."

Kaleta snickered and led Strum off to meet with Vanek and John Scott. The meeting transpired and was successful. The four became close friends. Strum took the news to the boss of the Mafia and was shockingly turned down. Strum was furious, but he and the three hockey players all teamed up and became the Legend of Doom, or LOD. They remained in hiding for some time, formulating their plan.

They did research. Tons of it. Including searching about the Blackhawks' Savior, Black Hawk or Evelyn O'Reilly. They knew they'd have to get around her in order to get to the blond. But out of that, they learned about Jonathan and soon the plan was more...more revenge based. John Scott wanted revenge against the "evil Blackhawk Captain" for a past "scuffle" and Vanek agreed, given that he had a run-in with the guy and didn't like him...or the Blackhawks for that matter.

So it was settled that the LOD would target Kane and Toews and bring them in. And as they learned about the superheroine and what she did and how she operated, with help from an inside man named Dan Carcillo, the four slowly became villains. They built up powers of their own.

Kaleta became the leader with powerful ultimate telepathic powers and slight Precognition, which he could express through visual art. He also possessed Psychometry, which allowed him to have a look into the future and Resurrection. (He could also use telekinesis, at certain moments - mainly with his telepathy.)