A Super Rescue and Defeat - In A Sarcastic Kind of Way...

...a gaping hole.

There was a neverending pit of darkness and the sheets of stray ice from the rink holding Jonathan, Patrick and Val captive was like a small island in a black sea. The JumboTron lowered from it's place and came to hover an inch over the frozen heads of the offensive-minded players.

"Unfreeze 'em, Vanek!" Kaleta snapped from the bench, where he was standing up now. Brawler and Strum stood with them.

Vanek flicked his hands out and gestured in a way that took the ice away and unfroze the hostages. They blinked and looked around started, then began to panic. Kaleta snorted with amusement.

"Silly, silly Blackhawks and Dallas Star, don't panic too much, you'll only make things worse for yourself!"

Jonathan managed to toss his head back-and-forth enough to have his cloth gag fall out and dangle around his neck. "Kaleta stop this madness!"

"Strum, do you mind? I'd rather not hear Captain Serious egg me on!"

"Not at all, Kaleta!" Strum replied and leapt into the air, like his counterpart, Black Hawk. The only difference was that the villain had Flight inside of him, where Evelyn had the Flight in her wings, hence the reason why she needed her wings to fly.

"No!! Don't touch me!! BLACK HAWK!!" Jonathan screamed, as Strum flew toward him.

Kaleta seemed to raise his hand and halt his friend, who froze in the air. "Hang on, Strum, don't actually gag him yet. This could be fun."

Jonathan slowly relaxed, eyeing Strum and then Kaleta. He worked the ropes around him in the process, thinking he could stall.

"Jonathan Toews, you realize your heroine is trapped like a butterfly in the penalty box, right?" Kaleta sneered. "She cannot help you. She was never truly strong enough to be a hero - to be your hero."

Jonathan jerked his head to the side. His brown eyes softened and watered, as he gazed at the helpless heroine trapped in the box like some kind of fairy tale creature or flying animal. She was just standing, with her hand pressed against the glass door, her wings drooped in the defeat and sorrow behind her. She looked almost broken. Her head hung down and she wasn't bothering to look at him.

"Black Hawk is a failure."

Jonathan snapped his head back to face Kaleta, who was glowering at him. He blinked back the tears. He loved Evelyn O'Reilly with all his heart and it stung him that she wasn't able to do her job...saving him...saving them. Saving Patrick, Val and himself. He had nothing to say. He simply lifted his head up and looked at Strum, who was still frozen in the air a few feet away.

The Blackhawk Captain sighed and took a deep breath and said, "Just gag me again."

Kaleta frowned. "Strum, come back to the bench and leave him be. Let Jonny Boy cry. Because he knows he has been defeated!" He began to cackle, as his helper flew back to the bench, finally able to move.

The four laughed, enjoying Jonathan's sorrow and then suddenly a loud crash sounded. It echoed around the rink, stopping the villains' joyment. Everyone looked to the right side of the rink, where a cloud of smoke billowed around an entrance.

"He hasn't been defeated you jerks!" a female voice snapped.

The smoke cleared and Kelly MacKinnon stood with her wand up in front of her, like she were leading a team into battle and had just shouted, "Charge!" Behind her, Brooke Johnson emerged. She was wearing some kind of armored suit on like a knight might wear in medieval times. She joined Kelly, folding her arms and standing back-to-back with her.