Chapter Two - Good Behaviour

I know, I know; I haven't upload in forever, I suck. Sorry!!! I've been completely swamped! So to make it up to you all here is the second chapter of Prank War! I hope you like it! Oh, and be sure to check out the song at the side of the page, it's awesome! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two - Good Behaviour

The weekend was boring and intense. Not a good combination let me tell you. I had rung Bree back to find out what the term project was and we managed to talk our parents into letting us do it together. She came over Saturday afternoon and the first thing I did was explain the whole grade-military school situation.

“Oh my God! You can’t go to military school!” she cried out, looking horrified. I nodded in agreement. “Those uniforms are ugly!”

... Okayyy, not the reason I didn’t wanna go but as long as we were in the same chapter, I could live with that. I don’t think I’ve ever been on the same page as Bree before. I don’t think anyone else has either.

“So anyway, what do you wanna do for this project?” she asked me.

“Well, what were you doing?” I asked.

“Well, I was planning on writing a short story,” she admitted.

“Seriously?” I asked, and she nodded, embarrassed. “Well, why don’t we just do it together?” I shrugged. Her eyes widened.

“Really?” she asked.

“Yeah, what did you wanna write about?” She pulled out her folder and opened it, rummaging through before pulling out a notebook and handing it to me. I flipped through to see bits and pieces of random things that didn’t make sense; some of it wasn’t even real words. Well, not in English at least.

“Mm hm, Bree? I don’t understand a single bit of this, I don’t speak any other languages,” I admitted. She rolled her eyes.

“It’s in English!” she told me.

“Uh, no it’s not,” I told her, glancing back over it.

“I’ve been creating my own fantasy world,” she sighed, rolling her eyes as though I should have known that. “They’re names of places and people.”

“You made all these up?” I asked her. She nodded. I kept flicking through to find she’d even done sketches of her fantasy kingdom and some weird-ass creatures I’d never seen before. “This is great!” I told her.

“You think so?” she asked.

“Uh, yeah! Have you started writing it yet?”

“No, I can’t think of a main character,” she admitted.

“What do you mean?”

“Well I don’t wanna write about some boring princess with a pet unicorn,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Even though having a pet unicorn would be totally cool, it’s way too cliché.” I laughed at her.

“Well, what about some Amazon chick?” I suggested, and she perked up again.

“What, like the ones that kill animals, and wear their skins?” she asked.

“They eat them too,” I informed her and she got this disgusted look on her face. I laughed again, I loved grossing Bree out. “But what if in this world they’re not supposed to? What if she’s like, on the run because she wasn’t allowed to do those things?”