Chapter Twenty-Eight - War Wounds

Hola everyone, good to 'read' you again... Yeah that really wasn't funny, my bad. Anywho, I love this chapter. Well, I love the first part especially. I love the interactions and going on's in this chapter... *Cue creepy, 'there's-something-you-don't-know-that-I-know' face*... xD

Okay, so are you ready to hear something really upsetting?... This is the third last chapter. Seriously. For real. There's only two more (if I don't run out of space and have to add another that is...) chapters until this story is complete. No more, nada, zilch, zero. I'm quite depressed about it, and I haven't even written the end yet D': Oh noes, what will I do? Well I have an idea. I'm still working it out at the present, but I should be able to tell you about it in my author's note of the next chapter. If you guys even read this thing... I know at least one of you does...

Anywho, don't forget to leave your voices and inner ramblings in the comments below as when I read them my heart does a little happy dance! Regardless of whether they're even about my writing =) For reals. It does. Oh, and the song on the side is one of my newest obsessions. Enjoy! =)

Chapter Twenty-Eight - War Wounds

Two am. Two am and I was still awake, staring at Morgan's ceiling wondering why the hell we only put glow-in-the-dark stars on mine.

Sleep was impossible by then. Not only were Bree's words ringing in my head like an unwanted echo, but Morgan's bed was nowhere near as comfortable as mine, not to mention Bree was snoring like a freight train. She'd never snored this loud before; maybe she was doing it on purpose to drive me insane. If she was, it was working.

With a sigh of defeat I quietly snuck out of the covers and darted across the room on my tip-toes before slowly pulling the door open, cringing when it still creaked loudly. Fortunately it was still quiet enough that Bree hadn't heard it over her own snoring, it was a wonder she hadn't woken herself up yet.

When I reached the staircase, I froze mid-step and almost face planted down the entire thing. The voices I was hearing were quite alarming, until I heard the melodramatic music and realised it was a soap opera. Quietly I made my way downstairs to see shadows forming against pale blue light on the lounge room walls. Seeing as the door was open, I carefully made my way to the doorway to find Morgan propped up on the couch staring tiredly at the TV.

I was sorely tempted to back out and go back to bed when the light coming from the television caught my shadow and cast it across the entire living room area. Morgan's head whipped around, his suddenly wide-awake eyes blinking at me in surprise.

"Hey, I heard the TV," I whispered, pointing at it as though it were an excuse for being a creepy stalker who watched people when they were supposed to be asleep.

"Hey," he mumbled, his eyes leisurely raking down the length of my bare legs that were accentuated by the white pyjama bottoms I was wearing.

"Jesus Morgan," I chuckled quietly, "Want a photo?"

Sheepish blue eyes flicked up to mine, and I could've sworn I saw him blush before he rearranged his face into his smug smirk. "Was that an offer?" he asked, an arrogant eyebrow arching before it softened into an expression of concern. "What's up? You can't sleep?" he asked seriously. I shrugged one shoulder indifferently.

"Not really. Bree's snoring up a storm," I added before he could ask me if I was alright. "Do you mind if I sit with you... for a little while?" I asked, chewing on my bottom lip nervously.

I couldn't even stand still, the entire time I was shifting on my feet and playing with the hem of my shirt; wringing the material in my fingers. Looking nervous, he hesitated before nodding. Creeping over to him, I noticed his gaze move back down to my legs before I lowered myself onto the couch about an inch away from him. Rolling his eyes, he raised his arm and gestured his head for me to slide closer. Smiling in relief I shifted over, snuggling against him. Turning towards me his arm wrapped around my body, his hand rubbing circles in my back.