Chapter Twenty-Two - Breaking Point

Hello my little lovelies, nice to see you again, oh yes hello over there! ..... Now enough of that weirdness... O.O Hee hee... Okey dokey, onto business people, I understand you may very well have extremely strong feelings after this chapter, although I do ask that you refrain from sending me hate mail XD And NO! Before any of you ask I assure you, NO ONE IS GOING TO DIE! I had nightmares you'd all be like, "Who's dead? Huh? WHO DID YOU KILL, YOU MURDERER?!?!" So yeah, thought I'd just get that out of the way... Don't forget to vote, comment, fan, do a group hula in grass skirts, get lit up like a torch by a fire dancer, run screaming and land in the middle of a sacred fountain.... o.o... It could happen!

So what are you still doing up here? Huh? Get to reading so you can be like O.O "LET'S HARPOON THE BISH!" .... Go on, off you go. *Waves* =)

Chapter Twenty-Two Breaking Point

"You are not wearing that," was how Bree greeted me Friday afternoon when she waltzed into my room wearing a loose, dark silver sequinned tee, black leather pants and matching heeled boots. I stared at her with my mouth open before looking down at my tracksuit bottoms, thick, shapeless jumper and ugg boots.

"Dude, you know the party's tomorrow night... right?" I questioned, arching an eyebrow.

Giving me a flat look, she replied with, "Yeah, but Jake invited Bryant to come along." A faint blush spread across her cheeks from her words.

"The guy you took to the costume party?" I asked, frowning. I had no idea she was still seeing him, and I felt guilty about it. I'd been a crap best friend lately, too busy with my own problems to stop for five minutes and check if Bree had any. It was just that the costume party seemed so long ago, when in actual fact it was what... a month? Two? So much had happened since then.

"Yeah, we decided to take things pretty slow, just be friends first but... I really do like him Nat," she gushed.

"... Bree, I'm so sorry," I told her.

"What for?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she blinked her huge, smoky eyes.

"I've been a really crap friend lately," I admitted honestly. Her face softened and she smiled gently at me.

"You've had a lot going on," she said.

"That's no excuse. You've always been there for me, even when you're not around," I reminded her, thinking about the last two weeks that she'd been about three hundred miles away yet on the phone with me as I ranted about my 'issues' at least twice a week. "I've been so self-absorbed. Am I forgiven?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. Bree rarely got mad, least of all at me. There had been only one massive blow out in our relationship, and that was when we were fourteen and the guy she liked used her to get to me. It only lasted about a day before she showed up apologising saying she knew it wasn't my fault and felt guilty for acting like a bitch. She never could hold a grudge.

"Of course you are silly," she told me, opening her arms up and skipping across to me. Hugging her tightly, I thanked my psychotic Guardian Angel for giving me such a damn good best friend. "Now change," she ordered sternly, pulling away from me.

Groaning, I answered, "I could not be bothered finding something 'decent' to wear. If you want me to change by all means pick it out yourself. And good God women, why on Earth would you wear leather pants?" I asked.

"They're not, they're tights," she informed me with a wide grin, stretching out the fabric over her thigh for proof before striding over to my wardrobe and all but diving in head first.