Chapter Eight - Unexpected

Hey guys, another chappy! =) I think the song on the side should be called ‘Nat’s Song’, lmao. I think the lyrics describe her so well; it’s like all of her bottled up emotions and all of the things she doesn’t want to think rolled up into an awesome song, so yeah... Anywhoser, don’t have much to say this time, I’m kinda out of it, so don’t forget to comment, vote, fan, all that jazz. Enjoy my lovelies ;)

Dedicated to the entertaining firecracker321 for making me laugh so much, thanks hun ;)

Chapter Eight - Unexpected

My first four periods had gone by surprisingly uneventful. I had two of them with Morgan, so I was more than a little shocked when I’d remained unscathed and un-pranked by lunch time. I was also a paranoid, nervous wreck.

“Nat!” I heard as a hand landed on my arm. I let out a strangled yelp and almost jumped out of my skin, throwing the lunch on my tray up before it landed back down. “It’s only me! I’m sorry!” Bree cried out, looking at me with wide eyes. I sighed. “What happened to you?” she asked as we walked to our usual table.

“It’s more like what hasn’t happened to me,” I said. She frowned, going to say something before she broke off with a confused look on her face.

“Hey,” she said, sounding surprised, her face turned away from me.

“Hello Bree,” crooned a very unwelcomed voice. I spun around to see none other than the cause of my paranoia at our table, seated between Henry and Jake. Sammy looked more than less impressed about it. She was sunk down in her chair with her arms crossed over her chest and a stormy look on her face. Brendan obviously hadn’t noticed yet as he was still obliviously stuffing chips in his mouth.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, more hostile than I’d planned. I hadn’t meant to sound so harsh; it was just a defence mechanism from the shock of it all.

“Aren’t I allowed to have lunch with my friends Nat?”

“We’re not your friends,” Sammy scoffed quietly. Brendan looked up then, his mouth still full. I widened my eyes at him and gestured my head towards her. He looked down longingly at the remaining food on his plate before sighing and reluctantly standing, pushing his chair back.

“I’ve gotta go see Miss Stern about a class project, you coming with?” he said to Sammy. She was out of her seat before he’d even finished his sentence. With a nod and a strained smile they walked off hand in hand.

I slid my plate onto the table and sat down in the chair next to the one I usually sat in. I saw Morgan tense and eyed him curiously. He gulped after Bree sat down in my usual chair and reluctantly looked away, his eyes landing on me.

“Did you tell Bree?” he asked.

“Tell Bree what?” she piped in excitedly, looking between us. I smirked.

“About the prank I successfully pulled off this morning. You’ll wanna mark this one down boys,” I told Jake and Henry.

“What did you do? What did you do?” Bree asked excitedly with bright eyes.

“The goldfish lollies you found,” I answered. She squealed a giggle and clapped her hands together.

“Was it as good as we thought it’d be?” she asked.

“Better. You should’ve seen the look on his face when he thought I ate his live goldfish,” I answered, trying desperately not to laugh. The boys joined in with Bree’s laughter but Morgan didn’t seem fazed. In fact he just sat there with this knowing little smirk on his face. I’ll admit it, that smirk worried me. He had something planned, I could tell.