Chapter Seven - Release

Hey guys, I've got a bunch of chapters lined up for this so expect more frequent updates, at least for now while the muse is still hanging around... XD The song on the side was one of the ones I was listening to whilst writing this chappy, and the other one was Me Against The World by Simple Plan if you wanna check that one out as well. This chapter is a lot more emotional than previous ones, we finally find out why Nat's mother acts the way she does toward our beloved Nat, and naturally it causes some very raw and deep emotions for our spunky little heroine. (God I hate that word, I automatically think of drugs whenever I hear it, XP) But the humour will pick up very soon I promise. Oh, and Bree and Nat's special little prank is in this chappy too, so keep an eye out ;D As always comments are greatly appreciated, as are votes ;) Enjoy my lovelies!

(Dedicated to Thea_Marx for her unrivalled awesomness!)

Chapter Seven - Release

I jerked upright with an attractive snort. Morgan groaned and rolled away from me, his arm flailing out and whacking me in the face. Maybe he thought I was his alarm clock. Wait... Morgan? What the hell was Morgan doing in my bed???

I opened my eyes and looked to see I was in fact in Morgan’s car. I was curled up on the passenger’s side and he was in the driver’s seat, one arm still around me. Then the noise that woke me up caught my attention. I jumped when something hit the window next to me, and turned to see my parents glaring at me through the glass. I turned to see Morgan’s mum and dad tapping on his window with equally unimpressed looks.

“Morgan,” I said, my voice sounding husky and ridiculous from sleep.

“Gnuf!” was the grumble I received. I reached out and started smacking his head.

“Morgan!” I said louder, my voice still sounding like a drunken eighty year old smoker’s. It vaguely reminded me of when Lily on How I Met Your Mother got ‘smokers voice’. “Morgan, get up!” I yelled at him, still smacking him ruthlessly around the ear. He groaned loudly in annoyance and viciously swiped my hand away. I rolled my eyes and leant forward, my lips barely a centimetre from his ear. “MORGAN!” I screamed at the top of my lungs before pulling away as quickly as I could. He jumped upright with a short yell, hitting his head on the roof of his car. I cracked up at his shocked face which soon turned to one of annoyance. Then his eyes flicked past me and he saw my parents.

“Oh crap,” he muttered.

“It gets worse,” I told him, pointing to his window. He turned to look at his mum and dad, uttering another far less eloquent word.

“Yup. Pretty much,” I said, nodding along as he unlocked the car.

The doors were immediately yanked open and we were both being dragged out of the car by our parents while they screamed over the top of each other. I didn’t catch a single word of what either one of them said, it was as if they were speaking another language. I heard a couple ‘Gustavo’s’ and a few ‘Azerbaijan’s’ and that was it. And I’m pretty sure that’s not what they said. Unless of course I have an Uncle Gustavo who lives in Azerbaijan that I never knew about, which I highly doubt. When they finally broke off for air they blinked expectantly at me.

“Okay you’re gonna have to repeat that a lot slower ‘cause I didn’t catch a word of it,” I told them. Mum huffed angrily, wrapped her coat further around her and stormed off towards dad’s car. It was then I noticed how late it must be, along with my rumbling stomach it was almost pitch black.

“What the hell were you thinking Nat?” dad shouted.

“What the hell are you on about?” I cried.