Chapter Sixteen - Misfortune

Sorry for the wait guys! But here it is, chappy sixteen. (Well obviously you doorknob) ....... O.O ...... Anywaaaayyyy... So how are you guys? I feel like I haven't been on here forever! XD Don't forget to vote, comment, fan, shake your groove thing baby! YEAH YEAH!!! Show 'em how to do it now! ... X) lol. The song on the side I swear starts playing whenever I have a crappy day. I'm not even kidding, it's like someone *points to ceiling* is making fun of me. I turn on the radio thinking 'this will cheer me up' and BAM! there it is.... It's following me... *throws around paranoid glances*. Wow I forget how fun it is to ramble senseless crap to you guys! I missed this! XD ... I think I should go now, I'm just making it painful for everyone........

Chapter Sixteen - Misfortune

Those next ten or so hours in which Morgan stumbled into the guest room every hour to shake me awake and I grumbled profanities at him whilst shielding my eyes against the light like a vampire as I kicked him away from me, then him leaving the room moaning over what a pain in his ass I was, were the most annoying of my life. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was exhausted. But could he leave me alone? No.

I didn’t surface into plain day until noon, limping down the stairs without my crutches because honestly what good were they? I had a sprained wrist for crying out loud, I could barely use them!

“Oh sweetheart you didn’t have to get up,” Deb said when I hobbled into the kitchen in Morgan’s oversized, sleeveless black tee-shirt that went down halfway on my thighs.

“I was hungry,” I answered with a shrug as Mark pulled out a chair at the table for me and helped me down. “Thanks,” I said with a smile as he sat back down next to me.

“Well you should have yelled out and I would’ve brought something up to you,” Deb said. I stared at the back of her dark head before looking at Mark with a frown. He just smirked and shook his head.

“That’s okay, I feel better,” I lied.

Truth be told I felt like death warmed up. Every part of me was bruised and aching and it felt like someone had swung a sledgehammer into the side of my head. I had half a mind to do just that to Morgan and ask him how it felt. Speaking of...

“Where’s Morgan?” I asked as Deb placed a sandwich in front of me. This wasn’t just any ordinary sandwich though. Oh God no, not from Deb. The woman made the world’s best sandwiches. The one in front of me was on two slices of thick, crusty, golden brown bread, with egg, sausage, bacon, grilled tomato, cheese and mustard to top it all off. To say I was in heaven was an understatement. Despite my aching body, I felt so content I never wanted to move.

“Oh he was outside talking to a friend of yours,” Deb answered as I shoved half of the sandwich in my mouth at once. At her words I chewed as rapidly as I could before swallowing.

“Of mine?” I asked, food still in my mouth. She nodded as she placed a sandwich with different filling in front of her husband, who thanked her and kissed her cheek, sickeningly enough. Wasn’t all of that stuff supposed to cease after twenty odd years of marriage? I know it did with my parents. I couldn’t remember the last time I saw them – gag – kiss, or even hug.

“Mm hm,” she answered with a nod. “Uh, tall lad with blonde hair. He was at dinner the other week.” I choked on thin air, and Mark gave me a strange look before gently patting my back.

“K-Kyle?” I choked out.

“Yes! That’s his name!” she said happily.

I shot up from the table and raced away so quickly I tripped on the chair leg and stumbled, hurting my bad ankle before I righted myself and flew over to the front door. I whipped it open to see Morgan and Kyle in a very compromising position. They both had fistfuls of each other’s shirts and Kyle was pushed up against the post that connected the railing on the porch to the awning over head as Morgan hissed in a very venomous voice. I couldn’t see Morgan’s face but Kyle looked absolutely furious.