Chapter Twenty-Five - Karma

Woo-hoo! Early chapter because I love you all sooo much! XD I want to share a quote here. Bear with me, I am going somewhere with this... "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high, and we miss it, but that it is too low, and we reach it." - Michelangelo.

I wanted to share this quote and make a quick note here because I don't want anyone misunderstanding Nat's own little quote in this chapter. It'll pop up again for another surprise appearance in a few chapters time, and someone important will correct her on it, so don't worry ;) And at the risk of sounding exceptionally cheesy, everyone can reach for the stars; even if you don't quite make it, at least you'll know you tried =)

Don't forget to vote, comment, shut your hair in your car door and wonder why you can't move; go to the video store, get halfway out there and realise you're still wearing your pink, fluffy slippers and have to go home and change them, much to the amusement of your hysterical parents, because before they left when they told you to be careful you said "I'm not a child, I can get there and back without causing a ten care pile-up.".... True story XP (Wow, boring ramble's loooong XD)

P.S. LISTEN TO THE SONG ON THE SIDE!!! ... Sorry, I got caps-lock happy, but it does rock... XD

Chapter Twenty-Five - Karma

School was miserable to say the least. It'd been an entire week and Morgan and I had been avoiding each other like the plague. He'd called forfeit on the Prank War, much to the disappointment of his boys, and so we'd won by defeat. I could hardly celebrate though. After all, I'd lost a lot more than I'd won over the course of the past few months.

The guys asked a few questions to start off with, but once Bree told them to leave me alone they hadn't said a word. Once again I'd called her crying about Morgan, and just like before she'd been by my side with a tub of Ben and Jerry's within minutes. I'd honestly never been so thankful for her.

My mother had surprised me the most, asking me if she wanted me to cancel Monday dinners with his family. Of course I couldn't do that to her. They'd been friends a lot longer than Morgan and I had been alive, and I wasn't about to be the cause for them losing each other. So I'd sucked it up, straightened my shoulders and told her I wouldn't dare let her.

Dad had arrived home on Wednesday, long enough that I wasn't a total mess, but close enough that he still caught me staring aimlessly and tearing up over random things that reminded me of Morgan. I felt like I was going through a breakup, which was strange, because I didn't even felt like that when I actually broke up with someone. I guess that Morgan was just such a big part of my life that I could feel it missing. It was as if he'd taken a little piece of me with him, and left a Morgan shaped hole in my heart that only he could fill.

I'd been formal dress shopping on the weekend with Bree and Sammy. I'd mostly wandered around listlessly as they tried on dresses and picked up ones they thought would suit me. Eventually they'd gotten me to lighten up a bit and I'd bought my very first formal dress; a fitted, white, strapless number that had a sweetheart neckline and an a-line skirt that fell to my knees but which Bree had 'customised' so the hem ended around mid-thigh. She'd also stuffed in a little see-through white material around the top so about a half a centimetre poked out. I liked it, surprisingly enough. It was pretty. No ruffles, or frills, or artificial accessories. It was effortless, simple. And after so much complicated, I was so happy for simple.