Chapter Eighteen - Conflicted

Hey peoples, sorry for the sudden mini hiatus, I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues, unfortunately, and haven't really been in the right frame of mind for writing. But I have a couple of chapters already done, so it's just a matter of me getting off my lazy bum to upload them! XD So... What have you all been up to? I feel like I haven't been on in FOREVER! Anywhoser-whatsit... You know what to do, but just in case you don't I'm gonna remind you all again!!! Just for the sake of being annoying! Lol, hey you're the one reading this crap XD Comment, vote, fan, smash a plate over your loved one's head, or perhaps just give him a good ole slap around the ear-hole! Or better yet, do it to Morgan! If I see him I will, don't you worry 'bout that. Lmao XD I have to stop here because I've already rambled for far too long and I'm starting to bore myself, that's never a good sign. Oh! But don't forget--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Chapter Eighteen - Conflicted

Comfortable and warm, I really didn't want to open my eyes. I just wanted to stay exactly where I was. I didn't even know where I was. It didn't feel like my bed, my bed wasn't this comfortable. Rolling over with a sigh I came into contact with something unfamiliar. I snuggled closer to the warm, foreign object, briefly wondering if Buddy had crawled into bed with me. Then I remembered that Buddy was still next door at Mr and Mrs Landers where he'd been since I stayed at Morgan's. Then I remembered Morgan. Opening my eyes I immediately found myself swimming in beautiful Caribbean waters.

"Morning, Ace," he said, his voice still husky with sleep. Still a little shell-shocked, I groaned and buried my face in my pillow, which just so happened to have been Morgan's shirtless chest that rumbled as he laughed. "Don't wanna get up yet?" he asked.

"Nooo," I groaned, causing him to laugh again.

"Suits me," he decided, slinging his leg across my lower body and tightening his hold on me.

"How long have you been awake for?" I asked through a yawn as I pulled my face from his bare skin and rubbed my eyes.

"A while," he answered vaguely.

"So why didn't you get up?" I asked curiously, shoving his heavily muscled leg off me.

"I didn't want to get out of bed," he stated. I stared at him grumpily.

"Well you're just full of answers this morning aren't you?" I said sarcastically, causing him to smile his crooked grin. I shook my head and shoved his arms away from me. With a sigh he reluctantly lifted them and I rolled onto my back on the bed.

"How do you feel this morning?" he asked, propping himself up with his elbow on the bed, his head in his hand. I simply lifted my leg and rolled my bad ankle around for a bit before turning my attention to my knee.

"Huh, look at that," I said when I found I could move them no problem after a little stretching.

"They're not swollen anymore. What about your hand?" he asked, taking my arm and lifting it to peer at the still swollen appendage. He frowned as I moved it and winced in pain. "Still pretty bad," he said for me, letting go of my hand and rolling onto his back, keeping his eyes on the ceiling.

I watched his face for a long time, but he refused to even look at me let alone acknowledge me. With a sigh I slowly clambered out of bed, being careful of distributing my weight proportionally on both legs as I found it still hurt a bit to walk.

Morgan sat up, letting my doona fall into his lap. I felt my jaw drop open as I gaped at him. He caught my gaze and gave a confused smirk.

"I know, I'm just too sexy for my own good," he said seriously.