Chapter Ten - Uncertainty

Woo hoo! We're in double digits people! Hee hee! I'm actually very happy as to where this story's going, I've got a good feeling about this one my minions!!!! XD This chapter is the party too btw, so is the next one.... next twooo... aw I dunno I can't remember *shrugs*. I had SOOOO much fun writing all of the costumes! Even if some of them aren't that original, I think Sammy and Brendan's couple costume MORE than make up for it.... Actually, if you have a good enough imagination, so does Jake's.... Hee hee!  XD

Chapter Ten - Uncertainty

“And then what happened?” Bree’s voice asked as she handed another costume over the top of the dressing room door.

“And then we left,” I said as I peeled off the current Catwoman costume I was wearing. It was a pleather/spandex combo that stuck to my skin in ways I really didn’t like. It was way too tight, and the extreme plunge was far too revealing. I didn’t want to rock up dressed like those other skanks. I was better than that.

“And he didn’t say anything else?”

“Apart from ‘see ya’ you mean?” I asked, grunting his words out in a very similar way he’d done to me the previous night.

“That’s so weird,” she muttered.

“Sherlock, is that you?” I asked, making my voice falsely hopeful.

“Yeah, yeah, I know, it’s Morgan,” she rambled.

I grabbed the costume that she’d just handed me and lifted it up to peer at it quizzically.

“Uh... Bree?”

“Yesim?”

“I think you grabbed the wrong costume,” I said as I took in the gold barely-a-mini-skirt and the brown, cropped corset with cut outs all around the sides and back.

“No I didn’t,” she said. I stared at thin air as I took in her words before reaching up on my tiptoes to stare at her over the top of the dressing room door. I held the costume up with a raised brow.

“Seriously? What am I meant to be? On the street corner with a pair of matching boots and a rap sheet?” I inquired sceptically.

“Nope, I found a strip club looking for someone just like you. Your new name’s Mahogany Honeysuckle,” she told me. I scowled at her, not appreciating her quick sarcasm one bit. She’d been hanging out for me for far too long.

“I prefer Sugar Jones,” I quipped.

“Ooh, sorry that one’s taken,” she said with fake sympathy.

“By who? Rainbow Candyfloss,” I shot back. She stared at me before a grin broke out on her face.

“Oh my gosh I love that, it’s so cute!” she squealed. I should have guessed she’d like that; I should’ve called her something less cute.

“Are you really trying to get me into this?” I asked incredulously.

“No,” she said before giggling. “I just got bored waiting for the shop assistant to find me what I wanted in your size,” she admitted. I rolled my eyes and flung the underwear set at her face, which she quickly ducked.

“What was it meant to be a costume for anyway? A swimsuit model?”

“Xena.”

“Xena Warrior Princess?” I inquired, my eyes widening in shock as she nodded. “Xena freakin’ Warrior Princess my ass! Which that handkerchief barely covered by the way!” She started giggling and covered her mouth with her hands when the young, posh looking shop assistant walked over to us with a very familiar outfit. “I can’t wear that!” I cried out. They both froze and stared at me. “I don’t have the right hair colour,” I told them, shrugging.