Third Throw

Third Throw

_____________________________________________________

Zarth opened his eyes when the ray of sunshine penetrated his vision. He placed a hand over his eyes to shield himself from the blinding light coming from the window. He remained flat on his back and tried to wake himself up. He had a weird dream, very weird that he didn't even want to remember it. Zarth moved around to lie flat on his belly and opened one eye.

C'mon Zarth, time to wake up...he mused as he coaxed himself to get up.

When suddenly the house was filled with a familiar roar of an electric guitar...Zarth's eyes flew wide-open upon hearing a familiar voice following the loud screech of the electric guitar.

"Oww fuck! It wasn't a bloody dream! It wasn't a fucking bloody dream!!!" he blurted out as he covered his face with his hands in frustration. Lucy was real! Everything was real! And in that very same moment, like in an instant, hell crashed over him, sending both an angel and a devil in his life...he looked up and opened his hands heavenward.

"Lord..why me?...I know I've been a delinquent but I never killed anybody, well almost but still... is this my punishment for---" tzeeeenggg~ Zarth closed his eyes as his eardrums nearly exploded when Lucy's electric guitar wailed like a beast in agony.

His mom allowed Lucy to stay in his house because they really thought that she ran away from home just to be with him, and reprimanded him by saying that he should be a responsible young man blahblahblah~ as soon as his mom was finished talking to Lucy about calling her parents, she instructed him to take care of her! and of course "Lucy the angelic sweet darling Lucy" as how his dumb sister Rin would say, acted like a perfect angel so in love with him in front of them, when in truth she's a devil in the loose whose mission was to make his life a living hell.

"Argh, I can't believe this. I seriously can't believe this" he whined. Zarth was no whiner, but having Lucy around sounded worse than slitting his own throat.

"Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone~ just the one to...I was just counting on, that never happens I guess I'm dreaming again, let's be more than...this!" Lucy kept singing in the downstairs as Zarth shook his head and got out from bed, he headed for the bathroom and just took a cold shower, he'd rather be at school than having to spend the day with the devil. But in all fairness to Lucy, the girl has a voice to boast and a talent with music, it was just...too loud.

"I just can't understand why that she-devil's electric guitar had to be on full volume always." he muttered to himself.

Zarth finished his bath after a few minutes and took his uniform as he fixed himself. His father will be livid if he skipped school again, so he went out and found Lucy on the living room dressed on her usual garb. Zarth just lazily stood by the stairs intently looking at her. Lucy's fashion sense was a bit off, since it's very...how could he describe it? gothic? rebellious? unconventional? but probably even if Lucy wears a potato sac or even a garbage bag she'll still manage to look divine, yeah divine yet defiling.

"Funny how one's beauty could be so deceiving" he smirked