Fifteenth Flight

Zarth was disturbed as his eyes snapped open. That's it! he just can't take the wolfy wailing of the old geezer outside his unit anymore! Good thing for Lucy that girl seemed to sleep with her earphones on!

"Argh!" he madly rocked his body in his bed, the wailing outside continued like a deranged dog! He threw away his blanket and went downstairs.

"ZAAAARRRTTHHHH....." the wailing continued as he rammed open the door.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING OLD GEEZER?!" he asked in an angry tone.

"Zarth! you came out! I know you still love your dadda somehow!" he leaped to his feet to hug Zarth but he got out of the way as the old man ended up in the cold marble floor.

"Don't get funny ideas, I just came out because you were so noisy that I can't sleep, and if you wake up Lucy you'll be dead for sure!" he hissed. He wasn't referring to himself when he said his father was going to die if he wakes up Lucy, he knows Lucy. She hated getting her sleep disturbed, damn Rin why can't he take this old geezer instead. He went inside the house and to the kitchen when he felt an eerie presence behind him.

"Gyah!" he cried, shock was an understatement as he saw Lucy behind him clutching her blanket, as she was floating in the air. His eyed bulged out for the fear that his father might see her. He hurriedly grabbed her by the shoulders and took her into his arms and cloaked her in a blanket, just in the nick of time that his father followed him to the kitchen. His father shot them a dubious look and a wicked grin curved in his lips and a glimmer of idiotic amusement lit his eyes.

"Get outa here!" Zarth hissed at his father as the old man just snickered and went to the livingroom, he held Lucy in his arms, the girl was sleeping peacefully again. He sighed and carried Lucy in his arms, he can't help himself but to look at the sleeping angel in his arms, he smiled as Lucy nudged her head in his chest, his heart thumped that unknown rhythm again whenever Lucy was around, as he felt her softness and her scent once again intoxicated him.

This is bad. He hurriedly carried Lucy back to her room and gently placed her in her bed as she slept peacefully, he smiled and touched her face and fixed her blanket for her.

Afterwards Zarth quietly went outside her room.

"A fine young maiden eh?" his father awaited for him outside

"Shut up, you're irritating" he just said and went inside his room.

Zarth stayed in his bed awake, he couldn't sleep anymore since it was already dawn. He pondered on his thoughts, the very first time he met Lucy and how erratic his heartbeat becomes whenever she's around. He bit his lip as he sat up. He feels something for Lucy on which he can't explain. Was it care? Instantaneously his heart wildly hammered inside his chest, on rebellion.

It was more than that and he was growing wary of these feelings, he didn't want to say out loud what it was but he was getting the idea of it. The thing is, sooner or later Lucy is going to have to choose between heaven and hell, and hell! his heart cannot accept it. But he knows well that he's not in the position to say anything to her, but if he had a choice. He would beg her to stay.