Seventeenth Ploy

The wind hit Angel Xavier's face like a whiplash directed at him, but he didn't care. He knew that presence! It was impossible but he was familiar with it. He could never be mistaken! that presence was the fallen angel! It was Lucifer! His heart throbbed with worry as he felt Lucy's soul gone amiss. It can't be! Satan would never allow it! He dashed rapidly more than his wings could carry him.

"Lucy..." he muttered, he'd never forgive himself if any mishap happens to befall the halfling. His constricted vision as well as his blinding speed came to a halt when an unfamiliar figure appeared before him. He stopped dead on his tracks as he felt his human lungs get squeezed out of air. The violet eyes of the human turned to him. His visage was unfamiliar but he knew him all too well. He could not be mistaken! it was Lucifer!

"Going somewhere angel?" he said in a villainous chirp, his vindictive voice was like cutting through Xavier

"What did you do to Lucy?" Xavier answered, Lucifer just smiled

"Oh what is this? It seems that Auraziel's guardian angel developed a heart towards Lucy, is that right? Guardian Angel Xavier?" he said, his tone was laced with mockery, and in an instant he was on the back of Xavier.

"Why Xavier? have you fallen for Lucy even though she is a half demon?" he teased, Xavier turned back and Lucifer was on his back once more, hovering around him.

"Spare me your temptations fallen angel, your tricks won't work against me!" he said. Lucifer smirked

"Oh really? even though your new heart is bleeding because of Lucy and Zarth?" he continued, Xavier was slumped, he didn't want to hear these temptations but he felt his heart throb in pain. Lucifer found it amusing that Xavier was momentarily taunted by his distractions.

"Are you afraid of committing a sin? why? is it a sin to love?" he continued, and Angel Xavier's eyes went blank.

"You're inlove with Lucy yet you're fighting those feelings, why? is it a sin to have a heart? to wish that you were loved too?"

"Shut up!" he shouted

"Now you're getting angry, is anger a sin? will showing Lucy you love her be a sin against God? will he punish you if you fell inlove? I thought you had a merciful god?" he continued, his words were now swirling around Xavier's head.

"Why are you so afraid Angel Xavier? and here I thought you loved Lucy?" he said, he smirked as he saw Xavier slowly falling on his trap.

"Lucy doesn't love me." he said in almost a whisper

"All is fair in love and war, how could she love you if you never did anything to make yourself visible to her? if you're always working behind the scenes for her?" he taunted, and he grinned when he saw Angel Xavier getting gripped by his words, Lucifer knew he had to stop now for his plans were starting to fall to place.

"Mishritah ivnil kuribah..." he whispered in a spell that made Xavier fall unconscious to the ground. He smirked.