Twenty-Fifth Love

Xavier shielded Acrecia from Lucifer who was now grinning from ear to ear as he devilishly stared at them. His steely eyes bored onto Acrecia's broken wings.

"Why did you have to do this Acrecia? You should have asked me and I'll happily end thy misery" he grinned as he took one step forward. Angel Xavier poised as he uttered a silent prayer in his necklace.

Oh, Holy Sword.
I invoke thy strength once again...
Please hear my bidding as thy servant calls
Help me and grant me the might to vanquish thy enemy

He whispered. But to his surprise a dark energy sizzled within Lucifer's fingers as a bolt of energy shot the ground. 

"I'm sorry dear angel but our little game. Ends here" he said through his dilated eyes and darted towards Xavier.

***

Meanwhile...

Zarth looked at Lucy's eyes. He couldn't believe everything. It was like he was trapped in a dream as he smiled towards Lucy who bashfully looked away.

Her arms were still wounded on his nape and he was holding her on the waist as their bodies were pressed closely together.

How long has it been since he was dreaming of this day. He won't care about anything else anymore since he's sure now that they have mutual feeling.

Alas he was about to let her know everything!

Everything that has been going on inside his heart. As his chest was pounding with suppressed excitement.

"Lucy..."

"Zarth" they both chimed in unison and then with very awkward glances they both looked away.

Zarth scratched his head just to make a gesture, and Lucy tucked her hair, they're actions were very corny and cliche but he couldn't suppress his happiness.

"Okay you first" he finally said giving her a radiant smile and Lucy was yet again mesmerized she still couldn't believe that what she was feeling was the four-letter word that her mother had always talked about, yes it was that powerful emotion which makes you defy even the rules of the cosmos, and how she had always said that it was something that couldn't be controlled.

Her mother would understand if she fell inlove with a human, she too fell inlove and with the Prince of Hell, so her parents would understand, right now she is just hoping that her father would.

"No umm you first" she said bashfully, Zarth exhaled and straightened his back, he was a guy for crying out loud.

He cupped her face lovingly and stared at her deep black eyes, those eyes which seemed to mesmerize him for such a long time, those eyes that he won't surely get tired of looking at.

"Lucy...I've always been meaning to tell you---"

"There you are Boss! we've been searching everywhere!" Alec cried, both Lucy and Zarth turned to them in eyes blazing with fury

"Ooops looks like we entered in a bad timing!" Reed chuckled

"Get the hell outta here you freaks!" Zarth commanded but Lucy just smiled and reached to plant a quick but firm kiss on his lips.

"The teachers are waiting for us my love, it won't be good if they found out we're here all day camping out" she smiled even though her heart was fluttering with anticipation, Zarth gave out a frustrated sigh.

"I understand" he smiled as Lucy just pulled his collar and winked at him

"That's my boyfriend!" and all his friends chuckled, oh how he just loves this devilish angel.